Edmond PD I-35 Traffic Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Just looking at the DPS system again and I've always wondered about something.

"Edmond Police I-35 Traffiic Units -- 6L INT DCTN"

What does "INT DCTN" stand for for DPS talkgroup 34960?

mam1081

Feed Provider
Gilligan said:
Just looking at the DPS system again and I've always wondered about something.

"Edmond Police I-35 Traffiic Units -- 6L INT DCTN"

What does "INT DCTN" stand for for DPS talkgroup 34960?

INTerDiCTioN perhaps?

1: to lay under or prohibit by an interdict
2: to forbid in a usually formal or authoritative manner
3 a: to destroy, damage, or cut off (as an enemy line of supply) by firepower to stop or hamper an enemy b: intercept 2a <interdict drug shipments>

Gilligan

Database Admin
Okay, so let's assume that it is Drug Interdiction. Has anyone ever heard these guys working with the COMIT team? Or maybe the COMIT team uses this TG?

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
EPD and COMIT do not work together. COMIT is just OCPD and OCSO. EPD's interdiction team is actually pretty thin also. They used to NEVER work I-35 whatsoever and then with the new police chief they started working it. They're in all marked vehicles when they're out there. They like to hide behind the 2nd St. bridge quite a bit on the north side where the barrier wall ends.

Sparky_one

get up close

If you want to get up close to them, just refuel at the Circle K at 15th and I-35. I stop in there for drinks and fuel all the time and see them in there quite often. I nearly took one of the OKC units today. They had a slow-speed chase of sorts going on when a red vehicle with Kansas plates decided to drive very slow on I-35 until exiting at 122nd. I was on 122nd doing about 40 mph and had right of way on the East side of I-35. The red car ran the stopsign in front me. Instead of the police unit waiting for me to clear the intersection, it pulled out in front of me forcing me to go into a skid to keep from crashing into the stealth unit. It surprised the two officers because they really did not see me as they were concentrating fully on what the red car was doing.
I called the "louie" for Springlake and told him to buy those guys some new underwear. Had I hit them I guess OKC would be buying me a new car. I will yield to any police car running code but the stealth units have little or no side flashers. OKC has paid through the nose for running red lights and stop signs during chases. This was no different and I was about 1/8 second or 8 feet from t-boning the okc unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.