Edmonton - Can't figure out a TG post it here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffn8wb

I thought I would take a page from another thread and start one for the Edmonton system. If you are trying to figure out a talkgroup, post it here and perhaps with all of us working on it we may be able to nail it down.

SCPD

QRT
Jeffn8wb said:
I thought I would take a page from another thread and start one for the Edmonton system. If you are trying to figure out a talkgroup, post it here and perhaps with all of us working on it we may be able to nail it down.

Agreed, Post it, but note it in AFS and Decimal formats and which system it was found on. I'm very sure someone will have a clue or at least an Idea.

Jeffn8wb

Okay, here's one on the EPS system - 14-093 (1867 dec). At first I was thinking it was Millwoods Rec Centre. But I don't believe they have a pro shop. Anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Jeffn8wb said:
Okay, here's one on the EPS system - 14-093 (1867 dec). At first I was thinking it was Millwoods Rec Centre. But I don't believe they have a pro shop. Anyone else have any ideas?
I've got it narrowed down to Common Wealth stadium or Millwoods Golf course, leaning toward Common Wealth stadium.

I guess we will know for sure when it snows, Friday!!!

Jeffn8wb

I have heard them mention a gym as well as a weight room, so your guess of the stadium may be correct. Earlier they had a car that was stolen, but a quick check of the PD talkgroups didn't turn up anything. I was thinking that if they called it in, a unit would have been dispatched. Oh well, better luck next time, eh?

electricsheep

I am pretty sure it's Commonwealth, at least that's what I had mine labelled as. They have a large fitness centre on the South side of the complex there, and I think I heard them *****ing once about the Clark Park parking lot.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Just so I know I've put the entry in the right spot... this is on the EDACS system used by Edmonton Police and Edmonton EFRS?

Someone please check the system in the database and see if my addition is sufficient.

As for snow... keep it off the roads for now, ok? I still have the factory Bridgestone RE92s on my new car, and they suck in poor weather... let me get up some $ to put some new skins down first. :)

electricsheep

Jay said:
As for snow... keep it off the roads for now, ok? I still have the factory Bridgestone RE92s on my new car, and they suck in poor weather...

Hell, I am going camping this weekend. A quick call to a lodge up in the area confirms it's snowing 60km SW of Sundre most of today. Fun!

Jeffn8wb

Jay said:
Just so I know I've put the entry in the right spot... this is on the EDACS system used by Edmonton Police and Edmonton EFRS?

Someone please check the system in the database and see if my addition is sufficient.

Looks good, Jay. Thanks for updating the database.

Jeffn8wb

After doing some searching, I found an unlisted (at least it's not listed in the database) motorola trunk system. The frequencies used by the system (including control channels)are:

After doing a frequency search, it seems that it is licensed to Glentel. The site ID is 7125. So far it seems to be various business using a few dozen talk groups.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Jeffn8wb said:
After doing some searching, I found an unlisted (at least it's not listed in the database) motorola trunk system. The frequencies used by the system (including control channels)are:

After doing a frequency search, it seems that it is licensed to Glentel. The site ID is 7125. So far it seems to be various business using a few dozen talk groups.

Added to the DB. I found the license offers two extra freqs above those. If talkgroups are ID'ed, please submit them. :)

Jay911

Feed Provider
Hey, Edmontonians..

Have you found any new talkgroups on your EDACS public safety system referring to Calgary linkups? I've been running AVC396 recently intermittently on various systems in the Calgary area and one talkgroup I found of note was on our city-owned EDACS system, which I was following out of curiosity to find if it was even active any more or not. Talkgroup 15-011 (which is not in a fleet in use in Calgary's system) consisted of techs doing voice testing over and over, trying to hit a specific LCN. In the midst of this, one of the techs mentioned something about "the Edmonton site". I didn't catch anything more, so I'm not sure what it was about. Just food for thought, I guess... :)

SCPD

QRT
Jay said:
Hey, Edmontonians..

Have you found any new talkgroups on your EDACS public safety system referring to Calgary linkups? I've been running AVC396 recently intermittently on various systems in the Calgary area and one talkgroup I found of note was on our city-owned EDACS system, which I was following out of curiosity to find if it was even active any more or not. Talkgroup 15-011 (which is not in a fleet in use in Calgary's system) consisted of techs doing voice testing over and over, trying to hit a specific LCN. In the midst of this, one of the techs mentioned something about "the Edmonton site". I didn't catch anything more, so I'm not sure what it was about. Just food for thought, I guess... :)

Etrunker this week did log two new talkgroups in a range normally used by Ma/Comm techs, but Etrunker did not log any radios using them.

I know the Ma/Comm techs (Alberta) work on all sites in Lethbridge, Calgary Edmonton.
I very much doubt they would tie the system together or is this our new provincial wide radios system in the making ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.