Edmonton Public Safety & Public Works T-Minus 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Can someone confirm they went enc?

I can confirm that they have not changed anything in the production environment yet, ie going live. (They are still analog on the dispatch channels for example)

When it happens and there are changes .. we will be sure to update this thread.

I believe they are still programming radios ... so they are a little over the indicated go live date. It should be noted that there are LOTS of radios that need to be changed so it is a big job, and I personally am not surprised that we haven't seen any changes yet.

ryan433pk

Premium Subscriber
It's rare to see a EDACS System with ENC. Are they going to provoice or encrypted?
also, Is anyone here familiar with the freedom of information act? I'm thinking of putting in a request for SPS dispatch audio just for Sheets and gigs.

SCPD

QRT
It's rare to see a EDACS System with ENC. Are they going to provoice or encrypted?

Well .. this is something that is to be seen. There is LOTS of encrypted traffic already on this system .. and it would be not a big stretch to see more. What will actually happen is just a guess at this point. We will see what happens in the coming weeks. Like I said before .. I will update this thread when something changes.

Is anyone here familiar with the freedom of information act? I'm thinking of putting in a request for SPS dispatch audio just for Sheets and gigs.

Quite a few departments are more than willing to work with people that want to put their audio online. We were able to get permission to host the audio for EFRS and AHS but EPS turned down our request.

SCPD

QRT
They were still programming radios today according to my Etrunker ... so there is still work being done on the Edacs system. Time will tell what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.