Edmonton Radio Outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Brief radio outage disconnects Edmonton emergency responders

Here is a story that didn't get very much coverage. Actually the Vancouver Sun was running it before I saw this Edmonton Journal article. Edmonton Emergency services EDACS system had about a 10 minute outage yesterday afternoon. It was during afternoon peak when EPS, EMS, Fire, Roadways (getting ready for the snow storm) and ETS were using it.

A check of the LCN's revealed 13 and 14 were out of service until part way through today.

SCPD

QRT
Brief radio outage disconnects Edmonton emergency responders

Here is a story that didn't get very much coverage. Actually the Vancouver Sun was running it before I saw this Edmonton Journal article. Edmonton Emergency services EDACS system had about a 10 minute outage yesterday afternoon. It was during afternoon peak when EPS, EMS, Fire, Roadways (getting ready for the snow storm) and ETS were using it.

A check of the LCN's revealed 13 and 14 were out of service until part way through today.

I was monitoring EPS at the time. I noticed the control channel flipping around on different LCN like mad. It sounded like some of the radios did default to City Wide backup repeater. I did hear patrol cars talking on it but no dispatch.

Mobile Data Terminals (MDT or CAD) seem to be working during the radio outage, a BALF was sent informing patrol cars of the situtation.

SCPD

QRT
I sure didn't notice that it was down for that long. I think that some agencies (ETS) were troubled by this outage more that others (EPS, EFR and EMS).

Status
Not open for further replies.