Edmonton scanner makes the paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZG

MANY of the hams out there make mistakes that are technically breaking the law too... For example I hear hams in the Toronto area speaking in Spanish on a daily basis... according to IC you may only use English or French..

Uh, Wrong... only the station ID has to be in English or French, there are NO restrictions on what language is used in "phone" on Canadian ham bands. You can make up your own language and speak it if you want... My favourite is to throw some Esperanto out there every now and then... Maybe rustle up some Navajo code talkers to really twist someone off on the local repeater...

ZG

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Vhf. They have a big poster about the TM-271 and that is is keyboard programable, and does not need software. The article in the Edmonton Journal is a BIG slap in the face to Ham Radio. Espcially considering he is not licensed, and how piss poorly the artical was written

From what I have been told they program amateur equipment for out of band use (read: VHF LADD channels) for truckers... They really like radios like the FT-2800 because they are cheap, and crank out the power... Funny enough one of the radios CB City offers under their "VHF Programming" services offered page is the Yaesu FT-2800... go figure.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

ZG said:

Vhf. They have a big poster about the TM-271 and that is is keyboard programable, and does not need software. The article in the Edmonton Journal is a BIG slap in the face to Ham Radio. Espcially considering he is not licensed, and how piss poorly the artical was written

From what I have been told they program amateur equipment for out of band use (read: VHF LADD channels) for truckers... They really like radios like the FT-2800 because they are cheap, and crank out the power... Funny enough one of the radios CB City offers under their "VHF Programming" services offered page is the Yaesu FT-2800... go figure.

Was there trhis morning, but the door was closed, could not see the inside of the door. But the '271 was advertised on the outside of the door...

SCPD

QRT

I did see some current model and discontinued amateur models listed. I personally am familiar with the Yaesu FT-2900, which is a current model (I own 2 of these radios and I love them). I cannot comment on the models that are not current models as I don't know them that well.

The only thing that I wonder about is that this radio transmits from 144-148 MHz, so in order to work on the frequencies wanted by trucking companies the radio would have to be modified.

I am going out on a limb here but I would think that modifying amateur equipment to work out of band is something that would be very questionable in the eyes of Industry Canada. Like how can places blatantly get away with doing this ?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Unless the radio is used to transmit on frequencies the user is not licenced for or it causes interference, IC will probably ignore it.

They're stretched pretty thin so minor things like this seem to be passed over.

beeperboy

Unless the radio is used to transmit on frequencies the user is not licenced for or it causes interference, IC will probably ignore it.

They're stretched pretty thin so minor things like this seem to be passed over.

IC is stretched thin because they're busy chasing interference complaints, because of unethical disreputable dealers like this clown. He gives the whole LMR and Ham radio industries a black eye. Disgusting.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.