Edmonton scanner stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjefferson

Hi,

I'm aware of the array of websites to buy scanner equipment from, but does anyone know of some good brick and mortar stores in the Edmonton area? I'm specifically looking for antenna's. Thanks.

mobile1

If all you are looking for is antennas you can purchase them from any mobile radio dealer. I get my Larsen antennas from a local shop in Regina. In Edmonton try Whyte Communications Inc / Westcanwireless / Commgroup any of these dealers will have a large stock of good quality antennas.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
If all you are looking for is antennas you can purchase them from any mobile radio dealer. I get my Larsen antennas from a local shop in Regina. In Edmonton try Whyte Communications Inc / Westcanwireless / Commgroup any of these dealers will have a large stock of good quality antennas.

And to add a couple of other companies, there is also Glentel, and Williams Wireless. Like Mobile1 said any of these companies stock a good selection of antennae.

any of the listed companies are a better choice and will know the products that they sell. not from personal experience, but i would steer clear of CB City.

mobile1

Is Alfa & Central still around?

No Alpha+Central Western Communications Edmonton is long gone. I purchased 3 Icoms from them and other stuff over the years.They were great to deal with.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Alfa Radio is still in operation at 11211 154 Street Edmonton Phone 780 466 5779. They are great to deal with. I recently bought a 396T there and also saw a Pro 2006 on sale for $65.00. Lots of antenna stuff and ham gear. They kept the same phone number as the old south side location.

colinVa6Bkx

was just in alfa the other day and they should be able to supply something, though a bit over priced when compared with any of the online canadian retailers. Really your best bet is radio world in ontario...fast shipping, good prices and usually free shipping on orders over a certain amount.
HTTP://www.radioworld.ca

Any of the commercial radio shops will have single, possibly dual band antennas availible, though at commercial prices which will be high...also they are less likely to have wide band, wide receive antennas like a ham store or radio shop.
check the source by circuit city, since they do sell scanners, and may have a mobile/bass wide band receiving antenna of some kind.
CB city at west edmonton truck land, 118ave and 170street will also have some scanner type antennas...also the flyingJ in shurwood park in the radio shop there should have something availible.
what are you looking for specifically? which freqs do you want to cover? what type of antenna mobile/bass/portible/Handheld?

SCPD

QRT
As far as Edmonton is concerned ... there is Alfa Radio (already mentioned), and Westcan. Both are in the west end and are good to deal with. I think by the time you paid for shipping from out east, you are better to purchase locally.

These are about the only 2 places that will deal with retail purchases.

There are other places of course, Allcan (you need an account to purchase here) and WCI (don't even bother .. as they will question you endlessly why you need what you are purchasing).

So .. if there are any other places that you know of in Edmonton, be sure to let us all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.