• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ef johnson 51sl programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hou30guy

I had this radio programmed at a communications store that does all the local tow trks, it is monitoring only so im guessing a key had to be used to program. My question is if i buy the software and cable am i able to add more channels and or frequencies with out a key at this point or would i need a key.

Last edited:

marksmith

If you are guessing that a key was required to do the original programming, I am guessing it would be needed to add more channels at this point. It is usually the key that enables programming mode at all, and not just required to enter a frequency, as programming can also re-enable transmit mode.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Not an scanner! Please go to the other forums set up for discussing professional commercial radios.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Not an scanner! Please go to the other forums set up for discussing professional commercial radios.

The proper response would have been to report the post (which someone else did) and ask to have it moved. Not post the same question in a different forum, which is cross-posting.

hou30guy

I dont recall posting this anywhere else sorry wrong person, and i wasnt sure if a key was needed or not to program, im able to get my hands on software and cable just wanted to know before i waste my money, didnt know also if i needed a key to rearrange my button functions

hou30guy

Fourms have rude ways of answering a person question, if im posting in the wrong area i sure would like to kbow instead of getting told on like we are little kids gosh

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Fourms have rude ways of answering a person question, if im posting in the wrong area i sure would like to kbow instead of getting told on like we are little kids gosh
Unless the mods happen across the post, the only way to get it moved in a timely fashion is to report the post. You were not 'tattled' on. Posting in the proper forum will get the best results to questions. Not everyone reads every forum.

KevinC

Super Moderator
I dont recall posting this anywhere else sorry wrong person, and i wasnt sure if a key was needed or not to program, im able to get my hands on software and cable just wanted to know before i waste my money, didnt know also if i needed a key to rearrange my button functions

Maybe you didn't notice, but I quoted a different member, advising HIM to not advise other members to cross-post (which is what he did). You only posted your question once.

hou30guy

Maybe you didn't notice, but I quoted a different member, advising HIM to not advise other members to cross-post (which is what he did). You only posted your question once.

Oh ok sorry thought it was directed to me, probably just go g5 unication route depending on how i like my ef johnson

KevinC

Super Moderator
Oh ok sorry thought it was directed to me, probably just go g5 unication route depending on how i like my ef johnson

I had a G5 for a short while and was impressed with the audio quality on the system you are trying to monitor.

hou30guy

Yesterday i hit up unication on fb and they said its a option for phase 2 on there, they would pm me pricing, so u think its something in the software that can enable it?

Status
Not open for further replies.