• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

EF Johnson Ascend 5100ES P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xx-Andre-xX

I've got a little issue. I picked up this 5100ES for a good price to replace my failing work one that I can't get replaced. I wanna use it as well to listen to my local Agencies as they are using P25 Phase 1. All the information I have pulled up I put into the software on my computer but when I tell it that the DEC code is 5001 for my local dispatch it doesn't let me program it as it says "0-4095". Am I doing something wrong?

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
That is not a valid NAC, HEX or DEC. You will want to verify the info. Can you send me a link to the Database entry for your system?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
That is a TALK GROUP for the TRUNKING SYSTEM as stated above. If you work for an agency that is on this system the see the SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR about getting your radio added to the system.
To program that trunking system you need a SYSTEM KEY to the trunking system which they will not give you and you will also have to have a VALID USER ID and the RADIO ESN WILL HAVE TO BE ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
As stated above, you will need several additional thing to add the system to your radio. Additionally, it appears that talkgroup is encrypted. The system admin would also have to load your radio with the Encryption Key, this not something we are going to be able to do here or help with.

If you have a work one already, have them get it on your system. If you don't know exactly what settings to enter, that can be specific for your system you can really mess with the system.

If all you are looking to do it monitor the system, look at a Unication G4 or G5 pager. However, without the encryption key you still won't hear any of the talkgroups listed as DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.