Effingham, IL -- Differing systems lead to communication problems for police

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_p_bowen

The county I live in also use a different radio system than the city, I thought it wasn't that much of a problem as they don't usually handle one incident together.
The deputies and officers could just buy scanners then they could listen to each other.

timothyurquhart

Premium Subscriber
Interoperability with StarCom-21

Stephenson County Sheriff's Office has a cross-band repeater set up for interoperability when out of their car. Although it's not a perfect system, it does work for them. Unfortunately, StarCom-21 is not yet a perfect system for everyone. With time, I'm sure it will improve.

Seadoo

Why dont they just take one of there county mobiles, set it up at there main office, get one unit that works on the starcom system, and use a crossover cable to connect the two units together. set the radio on the county side onto one of there tac channels, and set the other starcom unit to its tac channel. then whenever they need to talk to the county or city, they just request the county to switch over to thier tac channel unitl they can afford to purchase individual units for thier county. I have two seperate sites located over 200 miles from each other and i connected both sites together via ROIP for 800 bucks.

ducksoup65

Sad deal up there. I am in contact with city officers and deputies cause of work. The city just built there own starcomm site and they still don't work -cant imagine what that cost. The fire departments vhf system works great.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Up north here my county (Will) is on a EDACS Wide system, my city is on a Motorola Type11 analog trunked and the city just signed a contract with "Motorola" to junk there system and go on Starcom....Everyone around us is on VHF, thats interoperability!!!!!!....

Status
Not open for further replies.