Eglin AFB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki4moc

Does anyone know what the frequency 139.900 MHz (sounds like AM) is used for?? I was scanning the other night, and stopped on what appeared to be ATC, but all of the flight numbers I hear are outdated.

Dylan
Ki4moc

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
In my area (MacDill AFB), AM freqs in that range are assigned to TDY (visiting) aircraft and used for air-to-air - usually when they are participating in exercises at Avon Park Bombing Range.

Last edited:

ki4moc

On 139.900, they are using airline callsigns such as "EagleFlight", "Bluestreak" "Northwest" and "Gulf Flight". The confusing part is that when I look up the flight numbers on FlightAware, all of the numbers were used years ago, and none of the flights are active and in the system.

DanHenry

139.9 = Tyndall pilot to dispatch

Does anyone know what the frequency 139.900 MHz (sounds like AM) is used for?? I was scanning the other night, and stopped on what appeared to be ATC, but all of the flight numbers I hear are outdated.

Dylan,

I'm in Santa Rosa county too. The closest thing around here on 139.9 is Tyndall AFB's Pilot to Dispatch. That's used for aircraft talking to the folks inside at base operations. A typical call would sound like:

"Tyndall dispatch, Aircraft-123. We're 30 minutes out. Request parking and crew transport for 5 plus bags."

If what you heard was more typical of ATC comm it's possible someone around here was using the frequency for training. I've heard Duke tower several times using 387.1 to run simulated approach control comm between a trainee and instuctor. The biggest clue it's training is that every "aircraft" checking in has the same voice! The fun part about training comm is that they go silent whenever a real aircraft checks in on the normal freqs. Then when it's quiet they go back to training.

-Dan

ki4moc

Thanks Dan, I was also thinking the same thing because they all did have the same voice!

Thanks Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.