EGUSD PD - Elk Grove Unified School Dist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac916

Starting April 1st, EGUSD will be operating on Sac Sheriff Channel 12. (SD T2)

This will last one month while the EGUSD radio system is down.

( I don't know what's going on with EGUSD's radio system)

northzone

Premium Subscriber
Most likely rebanding and upgrade to type II. New channels should be 851.7000, 852.2250, 852.8500, 853.8250.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
antfreq said:
( I don't know what's going on with EGUSD's radio system)
It's old and outdated? I thought they were still running Type I trunking. They probably need to upgrade their controller or its firmware for rebanding (but I doubt will reband at the time given the location).

LPD67

My bro-in-law works for EGUSD PD and he is spearheading a change to the Type II system and informed me that they will be acquiring a few of SSD's talkgroup ID's.

For those who don't know, EGUSD PD is basically a subdivision of SSD. They work hand-in-hand with SSD School Resource Officers and many of the EGUSD PD hours are filled by SSD Deputies working an off-duty job.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
853.8250 MHz

I am in Fair Oaks, and have very good reception from all over with an outside antenna. I can pick up the Sacramento TRS (either site), no problem. I thought it would be interesting to monitor this system with UniTrunker and see what I get. After making sure things work correctly from the Sac TRS, I went over to 853.825 MHz.

I am receiving the signal, but not very well. It acts like a "mobile signal", in that it is not stable in signal strength. I can hear the modulation, but the quieting is all over the place and UniTrunker is blank so far.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Do you have the Fleet Map set?
and
How does the 433 know which frequency to use for voice match with talkgroups after rebanding?

sacscan

No fleet map needed, as the system upgraded from Motorola Type I to Type II. Locals who listen to the system in conventional mode will notice that there are no longer any Type I data tones (I don't know what they're actually called) immediately before the user speaks.

sacscan

gmclam said:
I am receiving the signal, but not very well. It acts like a "mobile signal", in that it is not stable in signal strength. I can hear the modulation, but the quieting is all over the place and UniTrunker is blank so far.
I don't know anything about UniTrunker, but I do know that the system quieted down after all the buses finished dropping off students. It was completely quiet for about an hour. There were a couple transmissions a few minutes ago on 851.700.

ssd

would ssd need to get there radios upgraded to talk on egusd pd new system. or will the mts2000 work?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Very interesting

I am getting some data now, including the system ID (3412). The frequencies which UniTrunker displays, do not match what the database says, which seems to explain why the system can not be trunk tracked. It looks like rebanding for sure.

The db shows:

UniTrunker shows:
864.8125 (as the control channel, even though I am receiving on 853.825)

sacscan

gmclam said:
UniTrunker shows:
864.8125 (as the control channel, even though I am receiving on 853.825)
Weird. The last three frequencies are part of SRRCS Site 2. When I listen in conventional mode I hear most of the traffic on 851.700.

There is traffic right now on 851.700. Bus driver just said she clipped another car while practicing her driving (oops!).

Edit: The bus driver is now talking to dispatch on 852.850 and 852.225. Now I have heard traffic on all frequencies listed for this system.

Last edited:

ssd

i ment the motorola mts2000 that ssd and egpd use will they work on egusd pd upgrade system with out a reband uprrade? thanks

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
gmclam said:
I am getting some data now, including the system ID (3412). The frequencies which UniTrunker displays, do not match what the database says, which seems to explain why the system can not be trunk tracked. It looks like rebanding for sure.
<snip>
I am not sure if Rick is monitoring this thread, you might want to bring it up in one of the UniTrunker threads and see if he is working on a permanent fix. In the mean time, can't you over-ride the default band plan in UniTrunker?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
ssd said:
i ment the motorola mts2000 that ssd and egpd use will they work on egusd pd upgrade system with out a reband uprrade? thanks
I wasn't referring to you but to answer your question, no, a Motorola radio which has not been upgraded will not work with new rebanded channels like EGUSD is now using.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
loumaag said:
I am not sure if Rick is monitoring this thread, you might want to bring it up in one of the UniTrunker threads and see if he is working on a permanent fix. In the mean time, can't you over-ride the default band plan in UniTrunker?
I've given him the info and yes, you can modify Unitrunker to show the correct freqs. You need to edit the 'hz' file I think.

clanusb

so how do i listen to the rent-a-cops? (security) i have a bc350c and a bc236t. i have not programmed egusd into my 236 because of confusion on the sub-fleet stuff. (im new at this). thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.