egusd radio question

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanusb

is the school staff, security, principal, janitor, etc

are they on the 800mhz trunked system? i know they use the ht1250 with a full keypad, and the ant. looks to be a 7in 800mhz whip antenna, but i haven't been able to pick anything up on my close call, or find anything in the database about the campuses themselves.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Sac916

Just to confirm, you have the freqs from these two databases;

EGUSD Conventional
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=216

EGUSD (recently rebanded)
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1875

Also check Itinerant freqs
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Common_Itinerant_and_Business

is the school staff, security, principal, janitor, etc

are they on the 800mhz trunked system? i know they use the ht1250 with a full keypad, and the ant. looks to be a 7in 800mhz whip antenna, but i haven't been able to pick anything up on my close call, or find anything in the database about the campuses themselves.

any help is greatly appreciated.

clanusb

yeah i tried channel 1, 2, and 3(pd?). (on my bc350c)
i didnt hear anything all day, im only about .75 away from one of the highschools, and im right around the corner from an elementary school, havent heard anything on any of the channels.

(im aware its summer break, ill listen more closely when school starts up again in late august.) thank you for your help.

i was told my BC246T is not able to scan their trunked system..?

Last edited:

Sac916

i was told my BC246T is not able to scan their trunked system..?

Not true. You will have to program the new freqs (since after rebanding) Make sure you have it in Control Channel Mode only.

clanusb

Not true. You will have to program the new freqs (since after rebanding) Make sure you have it in Control Channel Mode only.

how do i throw it into control channel mode?

same as the SCRRS?

it would be nice if they gave the option to put conventional channels into the same system as well.

Sac916

how do i throw it into control channel mode?

same as the SCRRS?

it would be nice if they gave the option to put conventional channels into the same system as well.

Within the scanner, in the menu system, edit system options, select EGUSD system you programmed - Set C-Ch ON ( control channel on ) and also make sure you have the correct Control Channel freqs programmed. 852.85000 and 853.82500

kma371

QRT
ALso found 451.7375, 451.4875 licensed to EGUSD. Try those

Last edited:

clanusb

sorry its been a few days.

i havent heard much, but then again school is technically still out.

thanks again.

northzone

Premium Subscriber

NO, that will not work. The 246 will NOT track rebanded systems even in the CC only mode. Until it gets a firmware upgrade it does not know what channels to go to. The Pro-96 can be made to work by entering a custom table, but the 246 does not allow this on 800.

Sac916

NO, that will not work. The 246 will NOT track rebanded systems even in the CC only mode. Until it gets a firmware upgrade it does not know what channels to go to. The Pro-96 can be made to work by entering a custom table, but the 246 does not allow this on 800.

Okay. So would it be correct to say;

The 246T will be able to track the newly rebanded system once Uniden releases a new firmware version.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
im guessing there isnt going to be a firmware update anytime soon?
Since Uniden went straight to producing a new scanner, no.

I think all the Uniden and firmware updates hype for rebanding was a pipe dream. Uniden never admitted it would happen. People just ASSumed. The reality is that you can only support rebanding through tables like GRE does it. To include the calculations would be patent infringement as Motorola filed patents for the process. That's why I think GRE hasn't included a band plan in its firmware updates yet. What Uniden will do, I don't know. If they go the table route GRE can claim Intellectual Property rights.

Uniden is no longer the king of scanners...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.