EHS on TMR in Nova Scotia now encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordman2006

Anyone else notice that all the EHS and hospital talk groups on the Nova Scotia TMR are changed in the 3100 and are now all encrypted? It's pretty quiet on the scanner now without EHS

topdogz401

I noticed this as well for the past week or so. I noticed less traffic on EHS, but there was still some. As of today, putting my scanner in Discovery Mode, I noticed TG 3118 with encryption and a bunch of hits. Looks like Fire, DOT and DNR will make up my listening now!

fordman2006

Yesterday all day I didn't hear anything but tonight I'm hearing them again. Maybe they just patched some of the talkgroups together for the transition to encrypted

topdogz401

Not hearing North 2 at all today in Antigonish area with frequent conversations on a new encrypted tg noted on scanner logs, thinking maybe some areas haven't fully transitioned to new tg assignments yet

topdogz401

I'm actually just using the Trunking Discovery feature on the BCD436HP and setting it to look for new TG on the sites closest to me (Antigonish and Fairmont).

Leaving it running all day only came up with 2 new hits (3118) and also another talkgroup that was enc but upon further review looks to be a PEI RCMP tg that must've affiliated with a local tower here.

I also had my BCD396XT running at the same time to listen to live conversation. This evening I haven't heard a peep from anything on TMR2.
I will listen through the day tomorrow as well. I should hear DOT and or fire. The time frame listening this evening would've been too late to log anything but EHS.

_DeS_

Any activity today lads ? I won't be able to check until after 1700hrs today. Ticked off as I JUST bought my SDS100 a few months back lol
*Edit as a side note a friend mentioned that their radios were replaced "Upgraded" at the General and Regional Hospital ERs as recent as the last two weeks.

topdogz401

Running discovery again this afternoon, I know the radio is working OK as I am picking up DOT and Shubie radio in the clear, still logging hits on 3118 and also haven't heard a peep from regular EHS talkgroups even though I've heard ambulances come behind my place on the highway.

topdogz401

Strange, nothing here, I suspect maybe CB area is taking longer to switch over maybe due to technical issues or radio shop issues so they may still have access to the regular talkgroups in the meantime, I guess only time will tell.

_DeS_

Yea, it is strange as local Medics have said that they are indeed encrypted. But I suspect you are correct in some Radio/Shop issues. I was part of the CBRM PS/FS switch over to 700 MHz/Encrypted and it was a Charlie Foxtrot lol

fordman2006

Last evening West 1 and West 2 were active. When I heard them, I'd scan the encrypted talkgroups in the 3100's and those would be active too, so it sounds as if they're patched together for now.

I have not heard anything on the hospital talkgroup at all since Monday so they must be switched over.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Last evening West 1 and West 2 were active. When I heard them, I'd scan the encrypted talkgroups in the 3100's and those would be active too, so it sounds as if they're patched together for now.

I have not heard anything on the hospital talkgroup at all since Monday so they must be switched over.
Usually, systems have to patch if there are radios out there that have not been touched yet to add encryption. I'm sure once updated, the patches will be killed.

hfxChris

Database Admin
The transition has been going on for a few weeks now, the encrypted and non-encrypted talkgroups have been simulcast. There may still be a few radios with the non-encrypted talkgroups out there.

Looks like the AMT air talkgroup is still up, I'm not even sure if they would be able to switch that talkgroup encrypted though with how many VFD portables around the province have it.

So far I've logged talkgroups between 3072 and 3154, all encrypted.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
I noticed this as well for the past week or so. I noticed less traffic on EHS, but there was still some. As of today, putting my scanner in Discovery Mode, I noticed TG 3118 with encryption and a bunch of hits. Looks like Fire, DOT and DNR will make up my listening now!

What about NS municipal PS? DB is showing them all in the clear. Can someone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.