EHS on TMR in Nova Scotia now encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

2e0wes

Gutted! Only had my BCD436HP brand new 3 months ago. Ordered in the early hours of this morning, a SDRPlay sdrdx. I'm hoping with the correct add on, that MDT data could be decoded.

_DeS_

Looks like the AMT air talkgroup is still up, I'm not even sure if they would be able to switch that talkgroup encrypted though with how many VFD portables around the province have it.

I was under the impression that if one radio was on an encrypted talk group and one on non-encrypted that the encrypted radio dropped into the clear. Actually I have seen this happen between Law Talkgroups. This very same scenario and when they were patched they were no longer encrypted.

2e0wes

Does anyone know what data protocols are being used for MDT, for local responders? There are some interesting videos out there about SDR and POCSAG. enc talkgroup, but clear data.

blacktop

Feed Provider
I seriously doubt that you will run across any unencrypted data on MDTs any more...

2e0wes

Oh well, it was just a thought. I hope Chris, that they don't just use cellular text.
When you get out of the HRM on roads that go from Antigonish toward Sheet Harbour, there's no cell service for about 40 mins drive. At least on Bell's network anyway.
I will take a look when I figure out the SDS. This may take a while. lol.

fordman2006

Last evening, I did not hear anything related to EHS. The West 2 talkgroup that was still working for the last week was silent, so I figure the transition to encrypted is done for the West zones!
The scanner was still pretty active because of the man hunt in Bridgewater on the Law 4 talkgroup and something was going on with Mutual aid 1 around Truro. Law 4 is still active this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.