Either Perth Amboy or Jersey City School Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I have been monitoring 462.1625 for much of the afternoon. It is a very active frequency and is definitely used by some school district's security. It sounds like an urban school security for sure. Either Perth Amboy or Jersey City according to FCC database. It is a repeater system, not simplex. Very interesting to monitor.

SCPD

QRT
I figured it wasn't JC given I was only getting one bar on the signal meter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Analogrules

Monitoring from Union County, I hear both the digital data noise and as Jaymatt confirmed, Jersey City schools. I guess I'm located right in the middle.

Analogrules

Thanks Jaymatt. I just read that no current scanner has the ability to pick up/decode TRBO. Is this true? Sounds like the scanner companies are falling behind.

jaymatt1978

You would be correct Mr. N2ZGE! The reasons WHY scanners built today can do trunking modes (Motorola, EDACS,LTR etc) is because the companies that designed the systems released their protocols. Uniden BOUGHT the rights to decode thesse systems.. Basically when you buy a trunking scanner part of the money goes to the licensing
One general misconception is TRBO is some kind of ENCRYPTION AND IT'S NOT. Motorola has an added privacy feature the works with TRBO and that will never be released, just like encryption on a digital channel. However there may be a growing want for TRBO decoding
It's the same with APCO-25 digital scanners. the protocols were released so scanner manufactures could design scanners that could decode them
TRBO and NXDN (designed by Kenwood) are the next big thing ALTHOUGH since railroads and being required to switch to NXDN

Thanks Jaymatt. I just read that no current scanner has the ability to pick up/decode TRBO. Is this true? Sounds like the scanner companies are falling behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.