EL Cajon CHP can never here it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
I travel in the San Diego Area often for work and have no problem picking up Oceanside and San Diego CHP, but I can never hear EL Cajon CHP?

I have a Mobile Uniden 996XT with a outside antenna and have 39.6000 with PL tone 162.2, is EL Cajon not very busy , or do I have a wrong frequency ?

Last edited:

MrAntsy

They're probably on San Diego County's RCS trunked system.

Border Division has been known to have problems with their simulcast system. Last rumor I heard was that they were going back to using their own system to save money for the State, but that was months ago.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Umm, no. Oceanside and San Diego have talkgroups assigned on the county RCS. They are not used. Only the El Cajon office is using the RCS, so far.

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
thanks, for all the info, would it be worth it to program the trunk system for El Cajon as it's P25 correct? does this system come in good ? and what site is Cajon on as there are many.

brandon

Database Admin
I would listen to them on the RCS South and East zones. I believe its simulcast on North as well, but I could be wrong. Also make sure you enter both talkgroups 37888 and 38880 since they patch talkgroups together and scanners don't.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
...What they said. :)

Oceanside and San Diego CHP use lowband. El Cajon CHP uses RCS South (exclusively last I was there).

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Every talkgroup (essentially) is on all RCS areas, they simply won't be transmitted by an area unless a unit affiliated with that talkgroup is listed with the system as being in that area (North, South, East, etc).

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Every talkgroup (essentially) is on all RCS areas, they simply won't be transmitted by an area unless a unit affiliated with that talkgroup is listed with the system as being in that area (North, South, East, etc).
Technically that's not correct. The RCS disables a lot of talkgroups for various sites; this is to increase traffic channel efficiency. Regardless of who affiliates where, if the DB says no then the radio is issued a reject code causing it to switch to another site. If everything in range denies it, it goes Out of Area.

wa6osb

El Cajon CHP

...What they said. :)

Oceanside and San Diego CHP use lowband. El Cajon CHP uses RCS South (exclusively last I was there).

39.600 MHz is still in the El Cajon CHP vehicles. It is used occasionally as backup if the RCS system gets overloaded (major incident) or car-car sometimes.

Ken

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
I was in SD today making my delivery and the El Cajon Chp came in Perfectly clear, I notice that 2 channels were active Border 2... channel?............... Now I can not Receive any thing from SD City's Smart II ??.... I got all 20 Channels in my 996XT and nothing?...... can not receive a active control channel?..... I do not have the san Pasquil site ... Do I need this site also.........what I'M I doing wrong

Last edited:

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
what site(s) does oceanside fire and Camp Pendleton Fire use? ..... I don't get anything on the San Onfre site ? is this Site active.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Oceanside Fire would be County RCS North.

Camp Pendleton has its own radio systems. Not sure whether the fire people are still on 140 MHz, on the 400 MHz Navy Trunk, or the new 380 MHz Navy Trunk, though.

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Skip..... who Dispatches Oceanside Fire fire and is there any Talk - groups.... As the Database is showing OS is new ?

svtyone

Umm, no. Oceanside and San Diego have talkgroups assigned on the county RCS. They are not used. Only the El Cajon office is using the RCS, so far.

thats what i have always heard. i have no problem hearing el cajon disp on rcs south. but today i have a talkgroup in the chp group called chp south disp. normally this talkgroup never shows up. but it is busy super busy today. and its not el cajon cause there talking about 163 and 15 and that is normally covered by the orange 1 or tan so i think the orange 1 might be down or off the air. if anyone has info please let me know im curious if this is the case or not. the chp south tg is 23920. a non digital channel but it is on the county rcs so im confused. sorry i am wrong on the non digital it is above 3000 so it is digital but still dont know why its being used.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.