El Cajon Dispach 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike619

Why is El Cajon encrypting their dispatch traffic what is going on?

cmaness2001

Premium Subscriber
Dunno. Protest related? They just did a roll call on 'Dispatch 2', base is in the clear, mobiles are encrypted...

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Santee just went to Secure 5 for the protest BECAUSE it was obvious people were using scanners to move on the protest.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The secure channels (LEC SECURE 1-?) are listed with their old RCS labels on the Nextgen database, "DES 1-?".

As the news media, I would tel you what was happening, but they encrypted and most police agencies are not answering the media phone lines. I did hear Santee Dispatch sending deputies to the CVS in EL Cajon a few minutes ago.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
ECPD Dispatcher and ASTREA just had an issue communicating...ASTREA was encrypted, so was ECPD DIspatch...neither could hear each other, and had to both unencrypt. The dispatcher told ASTREA that ECPD uses different encryption keys (I was amazed the dispatcher knew what a key was), and that if they wanted to talk to dispatch, to use the phone :-|

Paul

musician2111

Encryption within one agency is one thing. Trying to get encryption to work among two or more agencies 24/7/365 takes a small village.

StevenS

Isd Paul or any other night owls out tonight with their ears on? I am hearing ECPD in the clear again!! Can you guys confirm as well? Its good to hear them back again!!

-Steve

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Currently clear patched with LE North Tac 1 doing an ATC in Rancho Bernardo.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.