El Dorado County SO - East Dispatch

silagi

Premium Subscriber
I am in South Lake Tahoe for the first time in 2 years. Listening to 159.6 I heard nothing at all, all day yesterday. Has the frequency for the East Dispatch changed? I used to hear it with no problem,

markclark

Premium Subscriber
I am in South Lake Tahoe for the first time in 2 years. Listening to 159.6 I heard nothing at all, all day yesterday. Has the frequency for the East Dispatch changed? I used to hear it with no problem,
I have 159.6 it is not very active.

Last edited:

silagi

Premium Subscriber
Using CSQ. In the past I had no problems picking it up from our cabin in SLT.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I can receive it at times here in the valley. It’s not that busy. They may also be using their F2 repeater on 159.690. I’m not sure where the “line” is between the west and east side repeater usage.

officer_415

Database Admin
Agreed, 159.6 still in use but very little traffic.

I’m not sure where the “line” is between the west and east side repeater usage.

Based on repeater locations, I would guess roughly Kyburz. There is an F1 repeater at Union Hill (Pollock Pines), and an F3 repeater at Scout Peak (Echo Summit area).

CopperWhopper67

Premium Subscriber
Most public safety needs in the basin are fulfilled by SLT Police because most people who live on the East Slope are in City limits. EDSO experiences very little activity up there

officer_415

Database Admin
On a related note, I have info that what's listed in the DB as South Lake Tahoe PD 4 (156.1575 MHz, 123.0 PL) is actually the input for SLT PD 2. Can anyone confirm?

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Most public safety needs in the basin are fulfilled by SLT Police because most people who live on the East Slope are in City limits. EDSO experiences very little activity up there

Uh, South Lake Tahoe, like the name implies, is on the south side of the lake, not the east side. El Dorado County has the unincorporated areas of Meyers, Meeks Bay and Tahoma, as well as some points in between. Tahoma and Meyers are the main population centers on the west side of the lake. I have a nephew who lives in Tahoma and he describes it as relatively quiet. He lies close to the street on the north side of Tahoma, with the county line running down the center of the street. Both Placer and El Dorado Counties plow the road in the winter. He gets twice the service for the road he uses to access his subdivision. You would think the two counties would come up with an agreement for one of them only, to plow the road.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
I believe @CopperWhopper67 was saying that South Lake Tahoe is on the east side of El Dorado County, not the east side of the lake...

That thought came to me a couple of days ago, but I haven't been on the computer until now. He could have stated that South Lake Tahoe is in eastern El Dorado County, instead of just "it's on the eastern slopes." You probably understand my confusion.

CopperWhopper67

Premium Subscriber
I believe @CopperWhopper67 was saying that South Lake Tahoe is on the east side of El Dorado County, not the east side of the lake...
That thought came to me a couple of days ago, but I haven't been on the computer until now. He could have stated that South Lake Tahoe is in eastern El Dorado County, instead of just "it's on the eastern slopes." You probably understand my confusion.
I can understand the confusion, as an El Dorado County native I am very used to just saying East and West slope, because that's how a lot of stuff is split up here.