El Paso Area FDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoodson

Feed Provider
I will be visiting the area soon. The RR data base has a note that FDs will soon be moving to the EDACS ProVoice system, but the note is undated....

So what's the story, what's the best frequency(ies) or system to program into my 396T to listen to fire comms in the area.

TIA,

dg

dgoodson said:
I will be visiting the area soon. The RR data base has a note that FDs will soon be moving to the EDACS ProVoice system, but the note is undated....

So what's the story, what's the best frequency(ies) or system to program into my 396T to listen to fire comms in the area.

TIA,

dg
As far as I could tell from monitoring El Paso from Las Cruces (~60 miles or so as a crow flies over the Franklin Mountain, El Paso (includes the FD) is still using Motorola trunking system. Program your 396 with the information from the RR Database:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=29

CapSS92

So far El Paso FD is on a Motorola trunked system with NO plans to go EDACS. It is going digital but it will be with Motorola. New radios are in the process of getting issued slowly and once all radios are replaced the switch will be made. For now the RR database freqs will work. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.