El Paso City Police Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

rreynolds51

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else having any issues listening to El Paso PD on the P25 system? Is it still splinter or has something changed over the last couple of years?

Deadguy

I've heard rumors for a few years that they are going encrypted...I hope that didn't happen!

I was there a couple of years ago and I didn't have any issues with their system, but things change!

rreynolds51

Premium Subscriber
El Paso PD

I am receiving EMS and a "few" of the PD broadcasts but seem to be missing a lot of the patrol broadcasts. I'm wondering if they have moved to digital with the new equipment. Definitely something has changed....

rreynolds51

Premium Subscriber
El Paso PD

Confirmed! El Paso PD has shifted the majority of their transmitters over to P25 digital. There's still EMS and a few PD channels still on the MOT Trunk but most have moved.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
El Paso PD

I just tuned in to see if I could hear them and TG 5002, Westside patrol is 10-2. This is using the old GRE 500. I believe TG 7001 and going up a bit higher is EPCSO and other PD/SO activity. These 7001 and up a bit higher is encrypted.

Last edited:

rreynolds51

Premium Subscriber
El Paso PD

Good to know they aren't encrypted. Unfortunately the GRE400 doesn't do P25 so I can't hear them. I can hear the EPISD and EMS, they are still using the old MOT system. Guess time to upgrade some.

Thanks.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
I general use my 500 to search for talk groups and other active frequencies that pop up. I have it on my 436 and listen it to them once in a while.

CapSS92

SO uses some of the repeater sites for the city and is on the backbone for the city but they maintain their own VHF system and talkgroups and they are encrypted. Hope this helps.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
El Paso PD is on Live PD Friday and Saturday nights 8-11 pm CDT on A & E Channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.