El Paso County Communications Director/Manager retiring after 38 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

I am always hearing Denver and Aurora dispatch air retirement announcements and greetings over the air for dispatchers and officers, so it was nice to finally hear one for the El Paso County Communications Center Director and Manager, Liz Brown, retiring today after 38 years.

Her retirement greetings lasted almost 10 minutes (some portion from Bob's feed had to be cut out because some small FD decided to page a fire drill in the middle of it) otherwise it would be longer. Only 6 people's farewell greetings were interrupted by the scanner catching other channels. I caught those on my personal archives so maybe when I get time I will re-insert those into the file.

My favorite was an EPSO Sgt saying, "May all the dirt you have on us remain unspoken." That sounds very ominous.

The last time I heard something like that was when a DPD patrol officer told a retiring crime lab tech that he could now express his opinion as much as he wanted. He soon went on TV decrying the chief's policy to get rid of all sworn officers in the crime lab within a year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/al7vojv3w...Brown_retirement(May-22-2014_1007-1015am).mp3

Last edited:

dw2872

By the way, this was on the El Paso County main fire RED dispatch channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.