El Paso County Fatal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
El Paso County: I-25 MM-125 T/A R/O with one fatal, one critical with C/G. Req ART and a CSP Capt be notified.

O/F EP-800, DTRS, Online

Now reporting at least three ejected.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
FOUNTAIN - Two people were killed in a bad rollover wreck Monday morning that shut down I-25 for hours Monday morning. The wreck happened just before 10:00 a.m. near mile marker 125. It involved only one van that somehow lost control and rolled into the median just south of Fountain.

One person was thrown from the car and was transported to a local hospital by ambulance with critical injuries. Two other people, including the driver, were killed in the accident. None of their identities have been released.

The roadways had to be completely shut down to allow the Flight for Life helicopter land and take the car's occupants to the hospital. Investigators also had to have the roadway clear in order to collect evidence.

Drivers were finally able to start fully getting through the area around noon.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Sergeant Rick Hoffmann
Troop 2B Colorado Springs
Public Information Officer Reference

---------------________________________________________________________________________
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Date: 07/21/08 Time: 0945

Event:
Fatal Crash

On July 21, 2008 at approximately 0945, The Colorado State Patrol was notified of a one vehicle crash on Interstate 25 near milepost 125, El Paso County, Colorado. A maroon 2006 Mazda 3, driven by Gayle Reasor, age 54, of Colorado Springs, was southbound and lost control. The vehicle went off the right side of the road. The driver over-corrected and the vehicle re-entered the road, spun counter-clockwise, and drove off the left side of the road. The Mazda continued south into the median and the vehicle then began to rotate clockwise. The Mazda then rolled 3 times. The driver, who was improperly wearing her seatbelt, was ejected during the vehicle rolling and came to rest in the median. The driver was pronounced dead on the scene. The front seat passenger, Jean Erdmann, age 74, of Colorado Springs, was restrained. The airbags did deploy, but due to the severity of the crash, Ms. Erdmann died as a result of her injuries sustained during the crash. An 11 year old passenger, seated behind the driver, sustained moderate injuries and was transported to Memorial hospital. The vehicle was traveling at highway speeds and pending further investigation, alcohol and drugs are not considered factors in this crash.

###

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Sergeant Rick Hoffmann
Troop 2B Colorado Springs
Public Information Officer Reference

---------------________________________________________________________________________
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Date: 07/21/08 Time: 0945

Event:
Fatal Crash

On July 21, 2008 at approximately 0945, The Colorado State Patrol was notified of a one vehicle crash on Interstate 25 near milepost 125, El Paso County, Colorado. A maroon 2006 Mazda 3, driven by Gayle Reasor, age 54, of Colorado Springs, was southbound and lost control. The vehicle went off the right side of the road. The driver over-corrected and the vehicle re-entered the road, spun counter-clockwise, and drove off the left side of the road. The Mazda continued south into the median and the vehicle then began to rotate clockwise. The Mazda then rolled 3 times. The driver, who was improperly wearing her seatbelt, was ejected during the vehicle rolling and came to rest in the median. The driver was pronounced dead on the scene. The front seat passenger, Jean Erdmann, age 74, of Colorado Springs, was restrained. The airbags did deploy, but due to the severity of the crash, Ms. Erdmann died as a result of her injuries sustained during the crash. An 11 year old passenger, seated behind the driver, sustained moderate injuries and was transported to Memorial hospital. The vehicle was traveling at highway speeds and pending further investigation, alcohol and drugs are not considered factors in this crash.

###

jleverin

That accident happened just down the road a few miles from me but I probably couldn't have heard about it even in I had the radio on. I understand CSP is DTRS now I almost never pick up anything from them. Didn't hear about it until the evening news came on at 5 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.