El Paso County/Fountain Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

El Paso County Sheriff took over all dispatching duties for the City of Fountain (PD & FD) this morning at 3:45 am.

http://radiocapture.com/audio/2016/08/08/09/7/12520/134159406.mp3

If you listen to EPSO dispatch, the Fountain PD units are:

1F11 (1st digit is the shift 1/2/3, 2nd digit means Fountain, 3rd digit it the FPD precinct/area)

EPSO Sam units are Sgts such as S1, S2, S15, but if you hear S601, S602, S603 etc then those are Fountain PD Sgts

Lincoln units are Lts (L601, L602, etc for FPD).

Tom units are traffic/motorcycle units (T601 etc for FPD)

Fire units are the 200 series units now that they are on EPSO Red fire dispatch with the rest of the county.

Both PD and FD have been using these new callsigns for at least a year to get ready for the integration.

dw2872

KRDO will air an interview with the El Paso County Sheriff on their 4 pm newscast in regards to the dispatch takeover. He has been pushing for this takeover ever since he became Sheriff (leaving his previous job at Fountain PD). They will also show video from inside the dispatch center, including CAD screens that show Fountain units on the display.

radio

Premium Subscriber
I noticed those changes earlier.

Where is the dividing line between North and South units and 4710 will be North and 4712 South?

When will Ellicott and Stratmoor Hills Fire Departments migrate to EPSO Red and moving the Stratmoor Dispatch as Fountain did?

dw2872

I noticed those changes earlier.

Where is the dividing line between North and South units and 4710 will be North and 4712 South?

When will Ellicott and Stratmoor Hills Fire Departments migrate to EPSO Red and moving the Stratmoor Dispatch as Fountain did?

What changes did you notice earlier? The Fountain changes happened this morning around 3 am.

As far as "Split-county" operations, those have been in effect since a deputy was dragged down the street on a traffic stop in the Security-Widefield area several years ago and he alleged that the TG was too busy for him to get on the radio.

Split county ops have usually gone in effect around 3 pm and stop around 1 am (depending on how busy it is). North units on 4710 and south units (now including Fountain) on 4712. I have not really paid too much attention to the dividing line but I can check.

One additional change that I also noticed this morning was that they started split-county ops at 7:30 am for the first time I have ever seen so those traditional times I mentioned above probably changed due to more agencies being dispatched by EPSO.

I don't know when Stratmoor Hills & Ellicott FDs are going to be assimilated but it would make a lot of sense for them to be dispatched on the EPSO Red fire channel,

radio

Premium Subscriber
I heard Fountain FD units were dispatching and operating on EPSO Red.

Later I heard an EPSO dispatcher on 4710 call Priority Traffic telling other units go to Tac 3,4712.

When that event was cleared, dispatch said normal traffic. That's when I heard SO on 94 in Yoder on 4710 and Manitou Springs PD also on there as well while Fountain PD and calls in the Security area were on 4712

So I was guessing that Hwy 94 is the boundary leaving between North and South.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.