El Paso County Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungMeezy

I have avoided sites that are further away from me, such as Calhan,Fountain Valley, Black Forest. If something was to happen for example in Calhan, involving Sheriff, would I still be able to hear it from the sites I am monitoring?Or can I hear Fountain calls if i block the Fountain Valley site.? Do all of the sites broadcast the same traffic? sorry if this is a dumb quesiton :)

Last edited:

radio

Premium Subscriber
I use Stanley Canyon site for my primary source for both City and most County fire and law enforcement action, including Fountain FD and PD.

Exceptions: Cedar Heights is used for Broadmoor FD Tac, when not running with CSFD, Cascade FD Tac, Green Mt Falls FD Tac, Manitou Springs Man 1, Security FD Tac, if it doesn't come on Stanley Canyon and Stratmoor Hills FD. I have only heard dispatch side on their conventional channel. Cascade and Green Mt Falls FD still use their conventional channel.

Cheyenne Mtn is used for Medevac helicopters 800 traffic. Flight for Life and Memorial Star also use their conventional channels as well.

My only problem is with Ellicott FD. They are rarely on 800, even when they have or on mutual aid. I can't always get their conventional traffic either.

Note: During flooding emergencies on the west side, use Cedar Heights to monitor MAC channels

Last edited:

radio

Premium Subscriber
I forgot to mention that Pikes Peak Rangers, TG 4540, is also heard on Stanley Canyon. Very busy during visiting hours up there on America's Mountain!

Status
Not open for further replies.