El Paso County, Texas VHF/800mhz question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveBern

I was wondering if any one could tell me if the El Paso TX Sheriff does use the City/County trunk system for normal daily operations as the conventional channels page says they will be migrating over to the El Paso City/County system over time and current VHF listed is serving as simulcast. I do not have a modern trunking/digital scanner yet and am only able to monitor the listed conventional channels for the Sheriffs office.

What has also made me ask is I seen a few patrol deputies lately carrying new Xts2500/5000 VHF radios and one deputy that goes to a gas station frequently near the New Mexico state line I noticed a newer Motorola Xtl radio in his console, not a older GE or star type radio? I am not sure what it was but he has the newer Motorola VHF in it and was carrying a new Xts VHF portable as I seen him with a older one in past. Any one know anything? I did ask him about it and he said as far as he knows "there just getting these new radios." But I know users sometimes do not know much or most don't think of it as once there off duty they hang it up and not hobby it.

Any one in the area with any info or ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I just do not see why they would buy newer expensive VHF radios now to end up switching to a trunking system soon or different band. Only thing I could guess is that they are simulcasting as it said and the talk groups listed are only going to be used for what is listed with them using various bands.

Thanks,
Dave

CapSS92

They have no plans to move over to any other frequency. They are content with where they are at. So you should be ok. Now the city will be moving over to a digital system but that is still some time out. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.