El Paso reband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycorrado2

Hi, Ever since the reband was done last year my 396T is quiet.. I tried programming it again but it just keeps displaying 'finding cntrl chan'.

I assume I have the wrong control chanels (I manually programmed the red primary channels for airport, austin bluffs). Is the RR database out of date?

Anyway, if someone has a working .usd file I would appreciate it. I'm mostly interested in
CSPD (sand1, stet1 etc) and EPSO.

Thanks so much!

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Do you have it programmed in as a P25 system? It was previously a Motorola Type II SmartZone system and that has changed. The system's frequencies did not require rebanding, so the change that was made was the system type. The database is correct.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Do you have it programmed in as a P25 system? It was previously a Motorola Type II SmartZone system and that has changed. The system's frequencies did not require rebanding, so the change that was made was the system type. The database is correct.

Absolutely incorrect. Two things happened with the system. It went from P16 to P25 AND it rebanded. Many (most) frequencies changed. There were two separate upgrades with all the radios touched several times.
That said, the current RR database is indeed correct. The OP may need to enter a few more towers/CC's until he finds one that can be heard from his location.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Aha, I didn't look closely enough, but sure enough, there are plenty of frequencies in the new NPSPAC band. Oops...

mycorrado2

Thanks so much!

I had borrowed an old .usd file from the yahoo 396T group and had just changed freqs.. It had the older
system defined as M82S instead of MP25.

Works like a charm now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.