El Reno Federal Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

fast2okc

Database Admin
I have noticed that the system identified as the Will Rogers Airport Federal Prisoner Transport Facility is actually the Federal Correctional Institution at El Reno. It can be heard fairly well in the western half of the metro.

I've just figured out how to program UHF Type II systems into my 780, so I'm a little fuzzy on the talkgroups. There's a lot of traffic on TG 48 which seems to have to do with prisoner movement within the facitlity. TG 304 seems to be some sort of building maintenance, perhaps electrical.

TG 240 appears to be some sort of "Chat" channel. I listened most of the day to guys talking about all sorts of personal stuff. Didn't seem like there were any supervisors on the channel.

Anybody monitor these guys?

--FAST2

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
Wow .. this post slipped through the cracks on me! Well done fast!

So how did you figure out that it was in El Reno instead of at the Airport?

Dog

I guess programmed this system into my scanner. I don't think I will be able to pick anything up from Del City but who knows if the conditions are just right.

fast2okc

Database Admin
El Reno

Crayon--

I found this system several years ago when I was specifically looking for the Prison in El Reno. The system rotates the control frequencies every 12 hours. Therefore, I had all four frequencies in a couple of days monitoring, even without a trunking scanner.

I was never able to conclusively prove my theory until a few days ago when I was in El Reno for a while. The system is MUCH stronger there and I can hear the input frequencies clearly. At the airport, I cannot hear the inputs.

I can hear the system all the way to I-35, but I can't always lock onto the control channel east of I-44.

--FAST2

K5MAR

I got a "clone" for my 780 from a friend in the media in OKC, but he has the prison set up as a T2-800 system. So how do I reset the 780 to track this properly? The frequencies match what is in the database (no talkgroups programmed), and the rest of the bank is convential frequencies. I didn't get a manual with this scanner, and the dealer-promised manual hasn't shown up yet, so I'm kinda lost!

Thanks,
Mark S.

FWIW, The last time I was at Will Rogers, the Transfer Center was still using the VHF Marshal Service freqs. This was several years ago, don't know if it's changed since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.