Elbert County 2x C/G, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I-70 MM-348 near Agate head-on with a family of four trapped and two medical helicopters requested.

O/F DTRS, 154.280, 130.150, Online

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
First video from the scene.

Jim<

Attachments

• BC1KAucCMAAEeaj.jpg
    BC1KAucCMAAEeaj.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 117
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
From CSP PIO

The Colorado State Patrol is investigating a two-vehicle crash in which two people were seriously injured, approximately 10 miles east of Limon. At 6:55 a.m., a Ford Expedition was traveling westbound on
I-70 when it collided with the rear of a westbound utility truck.
After the collision, the Ford traveled off the right side of the road and rolled.

The driver, 27-year-old Steven Laver of Oklahoma, sustained serious injuries as a result of the crash. It is unknown if he was wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash. One of Laver's three passengers--24-year-old Stephanie Williams of Oklahoma--also sustained serious injuries; she was wearing her seatbelt at the time of the crash. Laver and Williams's injuries have been reported as non-life-threatening.

The Ford's other two occupants, a five-year-old boy and a two-year-old boy, were restrained appropriately at the time of the crash and sustained reportedly minor injuries.

The utility truck's driver sustained reportedly minor injuries as well.

Laver and Williams (the latter of whom required extrication from the
Ford) were flown to Swedish Medical Center in Denver. The two boys were transported to the same location via ambulance.

The cause of the crash and potential contributing factors remain under investigation. Roadway conditions were dry at the time of the crash.

One lane of I-70 was shut down briefly after the crash, but all lanes currently are open.

Status
Not open for further replies.