Elbert County Fire Departments

Status
Not open for further replies.

04Z1V6

Ok so we have an old thread about this but this is the list. Please help me out with this. Give me another week and I will also need help with a list of fire tone outs for the Uniden scanners that will be for Douglas and Elbert county's.As soon as I get your input I will correct and submit this to the Wiki.
210-211 Simla
230's Elbert
220's Kiowa
240's North Central Fire ( I am unsure what area this covers)
270's Elizabeth
290's Agate
250's Rattlesnake

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
North Central is a small single station volunteer department North of Kiowa, South of Byers and East of Rattlesnake Dist.

The way I get there is to take Arapahoe County Rd 101 (Ridge Road) south out of Byers.

North Central Fire Protection
40144 Ridge Road
Deer Trail, CO 80105-7922
(303) 621-2901 ‎

Jim<

04Z1V6

Ok, I hear all dispatch coming from the Douglas County TG's for SO and PD's in Elbert County sense the changes of Elbert County shutting down there center. I have all of the old TG's programmed but have not heard a pep from them. Fire seems to be coming from DC also on DC1 151.115 PL tone of 127.3 if anything the DC channels also should be renamed as Douglas/Elbert county and I listen allot.

04Z1V6

Tone Out Help

Ok, I think that the Uniden XT tones should look like this for "Douglas/Elbert County Dispatch" I have posted a file that I have made over the month. Please look at the file to correct it if needed !!! This is on 151.115
At the bottom of the page is how I think it should go to the Wiki.

Attachments

• Tone Out Search.pdf
    117.3 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

04Z1V6

The VHF freq's are still being used by the respective departments for tones. Elizabeth FG 1, 2 & 3 should be re-labeled as Red, White & Blue

Eric, could you expand on this a little please? I do understand that most VHF channels used for Fire ground are in use but are you saying that all the respective department dispatch channels are used for fire station tone out? Because if it is I need to monitor those channels for the "Tone Out" chart I am making for the Uniden scanners that use that feature please look at the PDF that I have attached. This is a work in progress and I am hearing and have recordings of many tones for Elbert County fire departments on 151.115.

Last edited:

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
Eric, could you expand on this a little please? I do understand that most VHF channels used for Fire ground are in use but are you saying that all the respective department dispatch channels are used for fire station tone out? Because if it is I need to monitor those channels for the "Tone Out" chart I am making for the Uniden scanners that use that feature please look at the PDF that I have attached. This is a work in progress and I am hearing and have recordings of many tones for Elbert County fire departments on 151.115.

You will hear a clearing tone on 151.115 for all Elbert County Fire Departments, it's just a pre-alert so units will hold off on radio traffic until the call is aired. The actual station/department tones go out on the VHF channel assigned to each Elbert Co FD... but the call is still aired on 151.115 also. You don't have to listen to those, but you will hear their specific tone if you do. The Douglas County FD's get their individual tone on 151.115, you can hear the difference between them if you listen closely.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Just to note, it sounds like the old general alert tone which DC Dispatch used to use around a year ago for all Douglas County units in combination to their department tones (e.g. DC General Alert + CRFD Tone), and the same format is still being used for Elbert. So the dispatch probably looks like (151.115) DC General Alert -> (155.385) Rattlesnake Tone -> Dispatch. It is probably used for anyone who is listening to notify them that a dispatch is going out in Elbert.

I also have a question about the bottom tones verses the tones you have listed above. For example you put Castle Rock FD as 345.5/413.5, yet it seems like according to your data, the tone is around the 348-349/410 area. How are you determining the tones on the bottom of the page?

04Z1V6

There is some discrepancy between the software I use and the scanner (396XT) so I rounded them off and before I used excel to track them I had some that listed them higher. Does it seem out of line or how would you set the higher numbers? I am looking for any help I can get. I also have a list of tones that I mostly deleted from the page that were all over the place, this was mutual aid calls and the tones were to confusing.
For example one day a Franktown unit came down the street E-184 from me and I am in Castle Rock and R-154 also responded because the other Castle Rock units were on calls so I got a low tone that looked like Castle Rock and a High tone that looked like Franktown.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Well a lot of the of the mutual aid calls use the department tones in combination (For example, the E-273, M-184 call, you listed it as Franktown FPD but it's actually the DC Tone). I would go with the tone frequency that appears most often. So with Castle Rock, I would probably go with 349 Hz and 410 Hz. There's also a lot of data where it looks like your software only recorded the first or last part of the tone and put it down for both A and B. I would dump all the Elbert County tones since it's been established that all the tones are just the same, and also toss any data that has a 10+ difference from what you normally get. I'd be happy to look over some data if you would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.