Elecraft KX3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I just want to make sure everyone sees this little bugger. It's going to sell like hot-cakes. I really hope they price this aggressively as it will only spark more development.

I know it's a transceiver but this will make a great SWL radio for taking up into the hills, camping, etc.

FYI, this is also a SDR! It will have the ability to send out the I/Q data. It's can also be updated via firmware.

Elecraft KX3 Transceiver - Preliminary Information

Last edited:

WouffHong

Price Scare

I just want to make sure everyone sees this little bugger. It's going to sell like hot-cakes. I really hope they price this aggressively as it will only spark more development.

I know it's a transceiver but this will make a great SWL radio for taking up into the hills, camping, etc.

FYI, this is also a SDR! It will have the ability to send out the I/Q data. It's can also be updated via firmware.

Elecraft KX3 Transceiver - Preliminary Information

Oh, well, in THIS economy, it will be restricted to the noveau riche and not we who make less than 100K/yr :roll: :roll: :(
Da Wouff

SCPD

QRT
It does look pretty cool but I think that it will only be sold to a very niche market. I think that the price will be a bit high for most of us, but maybe they will surprise us.

I hope someone will update this thread when the unit is finally released. :wink:

N8IAA

This was talked about back in May during the Dayton Hamfest. I sure there were posts about the approximate cost then. Do a search here on RR.
Larry

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
It does look pretty cool but I think that it will only be sold to a very niche market. I think that the price will be a bit high for most of us, but maybe they will surprise us.

Don't be too sure; with more and more people living in houses with antenna restrictions or apartments, rigs like this are becoming very popular, especially when used with the newer digital modes like PSK31 and JT65, which both perform quite well with less than optimal antennas or power output.

And if the happy radio buyer has a decent antenna, rigs like this can be paired with a relatively inexpensive outboard 50w amplifier to bump up the TX power if needed, thus giving fixed and portable capability with a rig that uses a lot less power in portable situations than a fixed station radio with the power turned down to 5 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.