Electric Boat General Dynamics Property Protection Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
No, but when I worked in IT at General Dynamics Land Systems Division their security was contracted out.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
The FCC ULS search is your friend..... this should get you started.

Link to the licensee in the ULS system:
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPRV835 - GENERAL DYNAMICS ELECTRIC BOAT

Screen shot # 1: Your licensee found.
Screen shot # 2: The location for this license, so you know they're not licensed out of Groton and used in the Puget Sound as an example.
Screen shot # 3: The yummy part, note the power rating, security will be carrying around the 5 watt license radios (they'll also be shop floor radio's etc), not the 100.. hint hint ;)

And no, I have no idea why the RR database only has one frequency listed for that location, it being a fire channel.

Note: In the future, please state where specifically you are requesting info on, you did not state what city, state etc and I assumed you meant Groton, this may have just been a waste of my time as they have 8 different facilities around the country. It will help in the future, thank you.

Hope this helps you get started and slap some life into your local scanner ethusiasts will ya, a gal in Phoenix shouldn't know more about this than one of you up there... LOL (I'm just playing, I just noticed i was in the Conn State specific forum. You may want to ask in the Federal forum if these frequencies aren't what you are looking for, with military contracts, they may even have military portables for security, I've seen it before, especially where nuclear energy is involved, like in this case, subs.

Jen

2019-06-18_01-09-05.jpg

2019-06-18_01-12-29.jpg

2019-06-18_01-08-48.jpg

Last edited:

ecps92

He posted in the CT forums, so that would be a hint :(

As to why only the FD is listed, that is due to the RRDB being based on member contributions
IF it is not listed, then no one has contributed the data :(

Electric Boat - General Dynamics altho a Federal Contractor would be FCC Part 90, not NTIA

jjbond

Banned
Banned
He posted in the CT forums, so that would be a hint :(
There's no need to be a smart ass after all that work I did on that response, it's a disservice to the rest of the community because it seriously quashes any desire to do it again, for anyone if all I'm going to get in response are sarcastic comments, this seems to happen a lot here.... people that could have done the same thing but didn't, wait till I put up a detailed response and then make sarcastic comments... at this point, I won't be offereing any more assistance on this forum, my time is better served elsewhere, where it's appreciated... I gave up expecting a thank you years ago (I've been a member here since 2003), the least I expected wasn't to regret every effort to help... like you just made me feel.... well done.

Mods feel free to delete my original post, it's not appreciated it appears.

ecps92

If pointing out facts is being a smart-@$$ then guilty I guess
IF pointing out that info is provided by users, and if not in the DB, it is because no one submitted it is a crime - then Guilty on the second count.
If pointing out the EB/GD is Part 90 not Federal aka NTIA is a crime - then guilty

There's no need to be a smart ass after all that work I did on that response, it's a disservice to the rest of the community because it seriously quashes any desire to do it again, for anyone if all I'm going to get in response are sarcastic comments, this seems to happen a lot here.... people that could have done the same thing but didn't, wait till I put up a detailed response and then make sarcastic comments... at this point, I won't be offereing any more assistance on this forum, my time is better served elsewhere, where it's appreciated... I gave up expecting a thank you years ago (I've been a member here since 2003), the least I expected wasn't to regret every effort to help... like you just made me feel.... well done.

Mods feel free to delete my original post, it's not appreciated it appears.

snowscout

For what it's worth, EB FD calls Groton Fire Dispatch at certain times during the day for radio checks. I have not heard anything lately regarding the EB Guard Force. It is entirely possible that they are using something similar to the Subase radio system. Possibly the "E" word and given what they do, I wouldn't blame them!

Schoolcop

I Found EB Property Protection Force at the New London campus on 152.4275MHZ did not get the PL on it. NLFD was responding to a medical there and I heard them dispatching officers to the location and letting the gate know that NLFD was in bound and were to send them.

snowscout

I Found EB Property Protection Force at the New London campus on 152.4275MHZ did not get the PL on it. NLFD was responding to a medical there and I heard them dispatching officers to the location and letting the gate know that NLFD was in bound and were to send them.
Have you heard anything lately? I occasionally get the EBFD but that is really occasionally!

Status
Not open for further replies.