Electric Horn on Jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

My friend who is an EMT told me that I should get an electric "air" horn, although it isn't an actual air horn, for my Jeep Liberty. I got the 132db high tone horn from Autozone and he helped me hook it up to a switch which I hot glued to the dash. My question is this - do you think this will do a good/better job then my regular horn of getting the attention of people when I am responding to a call or just wanting to get people to move? I am including a link which is a YouTube video of the same horn I have. My regular horn was not touched and is still used as a normal horn, but if I want to use this new horn I just installed, I use the switch I hot glued to the dash. Tell me what you think! :) I didn't want to get a buzzer or anything, but I figured that a high tone horn would sound a little different and may get people's attention better than my regular horn on my Jeep. Let me know what you think! :) Keep in mind that the link is NOT my bike, just the same horn! ;)

Thanks! :)

YouTube - Highway Blaster Horn on my 150cc Scooter!

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like this electric train horn! :p
YouTube - Escondido Sprinter 3 Car Train
lol it kind of does actually! :) It is nice to have a one tone horn in addition to your regular horn to get the attention of people, isn't it? It does it's job because it sounds different so I think that's all that matters...I will try to post a video of it on YouTube and I will give you the link! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.