Electronic Systems Inc. Tulsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Bob Elmore (W5JJR) who owned and operated Electronic Systems out of his Garage has passed, His health has been in dire straits for years and some often wondered if he ever recovered or was still in business. I purchased my first 800 MHz scanner from him a long time ago, and several models since. He was a great guy and will be missed from the Radio community.

Last edited:

peterjmag

Not trying to be rude or disrespectful but I was under the impression that Bob had passed a few years ago. Regardless, he was a good man and treated his customers right. I purchased many of my early trunk trackers from him including the 895XLT, 780, and the 245. He will be be missed. BTW, how is Jodi doing?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I wasn't sure the exact date of his passing, just that most comments posted talk of his stroke and unknown condition. Jodi has passed as well as I have learned the estate is being setteled.

N5TWB

I wasn't sure the exact date of his passing, just that most comments posted talk of his stroke and unknown condition. Jodi has passed as well as I have learned the estate is being setteled.
Was he a member of the BA club that had a multi-Collins station featured in pictures in a 3-ring binder for sale at the Green Country show? A friend of mine was working that table and told me that the pictures didn't do justice to the equipment.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Was he a member of the BA club that had a multi-Collins station featured in pictures in a 3-ring binder for sale at the Green Country show? A friend of mine was working that table and told me that the pictures didn't do justice to the equipment.

Not sure about that, but he had been basically incapacitated since his stroke about 4-5 years ago.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Did anyone happen to attend the auction of Bob's property today? There were lots of radios and equipment up for grabs from his garage....

Chaos703

Sad to hear about this. I bought a Relm VHF two-way from him in 1993. That was a long, long time ago. I sure would have enjoyed that sale. I remember he took such great care of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.