Elgin FD Starcom Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9TZO

Premium Subscriber
Now that Elgin has moved over to Starcom, I see in the database one talkgroup for Dispatch. Does anyone know if they are using other talk groups for the old OPS 1 and 2 channels or how they are using the new system? I am new to Starcom digital scanning and just picked up the Uniden BCD436HP.

N9TZO

Premium Subscriber
Waited long enough to hear a call on what is currently listed as Police Tactical 1. Question answered.

Bill88

Longtime Member
Info

Waited long enough to hear a call on what is currently listed as Police Tactical 1. Question answered.

What I have observed is this:
Talk Group 1551 is Elgin Fire - Main
Talk Group 1552 is Elgin Fire - Ops 2

This is contradictory to what is in the SC21 list here on RR, but it's what I have personally observed.

So far all Fire and Ambulance calls are initially dispatched on TG 1551,
While they are at a scene they communicate on what they refer to as 'Ops 2' which is TG 1552.

Also, when they 'clear all units and release ops 2' they are still on 1552.

Then you don't hear anything there until the next major incident at which time they again refer to it as ops 2.

Based on this activity I have labeled them accordingly in my radio.
Give these a try and see if you get anything different.

If I notice any changes I'll post something in the forums.

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I hear Elgin FD fine here in Joliet on T126-Aurora using TG1551,1552 as mentioned....In reference to your other post, I hear on my Uniden996XT only using a outside antenna up 35' with 9913 coax the CFD 90% of the time on digital UHF....My other scanners GRE/RS using outside antennas do not receive CPD....It seems to be very spotty this far away.....

Status
Not open for further replies.