Elida PD/FD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Elida FD is no longer in existence. American Township now has their own fire department and is listed in the database. Elida PD is on the Allen County SO frequency.

Mike

N8ECN

mdulrich said:
Elida FD is no longer in existence. American Township now has their own fire department and is listed in the database. Elida PD is on the Allen County SO frequency.

Mike

I was driving in Elida today, and saw Elida police crusier, and thought HAY, I did'nt see any Elida PD/FD listing here. You're maybe right, there probably using Allen County Sheiff Dept. What unit numbers do they use, anyone know?

mdulrich

Feed Provider
hoser147 said:
Hey Mike do they run the county codes or did they keep the Elida codes??.........Hoser

FD is plain language. All the Allen County (including Lima) FDs dropped using codes a few years ago during the NIMS push. Occasionally you may hear someone slip up and use their old codes. I don't think you will EVER hear an ATFD member use an old Elida FD code.

PD uses the ACSO codes.

Mike

Last edited:

mdulrich

Feed Provider
N8ECN said:
I was driving in Elida today, and saw Elida police crusier, and thought HAY, I did'nt see any Elida PD/FD listing here. You're maybe right, there probably using Allen County Sheiff Dept. What unit numbers do they use, anyone know?

The 100 units are the dog wardens. 200 units are ACSO units. 500 units are EMA. Beyond that I'm not sure.

Mike

N8ECN

Mike...

Thanks Mike, That will help. I moved here from Brownstown Twp. Michigan and I just trying to get used to the new different system here. They sure used the 10's codes alot, back in Michigan they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.