Elite Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I do not hear Elite Ambulance on Digi-Talk towers anymore, does anyone know where they went??....TY

RBMTS

I've been hoping there would be an update for Elite. I also hear no activity on their Digi-talk groups. Did they maybe go encrypted? Maybe they made a move to FirstNet??

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I still see them at my local hospital but like you do not hear them ....

nnickn

Elite switched to using Tesunho LTE radios late last year. Compared to the old digitalk system, the new radios offer a number of benefits. The audio quality is significantly better, which I would assume is due to the ability to use a far higher audio bitrate then conventional radio systems. Meanwhile everyone now has the ability to make an unlimited amount of private calls and you can essentially make up your own talk groups on the fly on each radio and add users to it, which obviously was extremely limited before as each would hog up a dedicated frequency. The new radios also save all radio traffic from the prior 24 hours to an SD card, and by hitting two buttons the last transmission and everything prior to it can be played back as many times as needed or exported from the SD card for archival.
I would assume a lot more companies are going to switch to such a system in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.