Eton Elite Executive - Duration of NiMH over Disposable Alkaline Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Question for you Eton Elite Executive owners...

What is your average charging cycle when using NiMH batteries? On average, how many hours do you get from a full charge and how long does a full charge take from empty? Since alkaline batteries are 1.5v new, as opposed to 1.2v for a fully charged NiMH battery, there is a discrepancy of 1.2v from the start which reduces listening time.

100% of my listening so far has been off of battery, because it IS a portable after all and I don't want to be tethered to a wall outlet.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber

Yeah, that link is mainly for Lithium Ion batteries. This radio (which charges the batteries) recommends Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. I know NiMH is better than the old Nickel Cadmium, but if that graph on the link includes NiMH under "Other Primary Batteries", it's even more important that I get input from real users since charts can be deceptive against real-world usage measured in listening TIME.

Graph3.png

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I bought a bunch of Energizer Recharge 2300Mah batteries (10) to replace regular Alkaline batteries for both of my BC125AT's and my BC75XLT. I'll just say, that $30-40 of up front cost has saved me probably $100+ in just a few months. Granted, it may take 14 hours for used sets to fully charge. It all depends on what works best for you.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
I bought a bunch of Energizer Recharge 2300Mah batteries (10) to replace regular Alkaline batteries for both of my BC125AT's and my BC75XLT. I'll just say, that $30-40 of up front cost has saved me probably $100+ in just a few months. Granted, it may take 14 hours for used sets to fully charge. It all depends on what works best for you.

Thanks! (y) I think I do the same and keep them in rotation with an external charger. Actually 14 hours is not a problem as I can't go through them that fast anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.