Eton Elite Executive Issue Arose

Status
Not open for further replies.

air-scan

I went to turn on the radio this morning to find the keypad isn't working but rotating the tuning wheel brought up the back light and display while on batteries which are fully charged. The funny thing is plugging the radio into the provided wall adaptor everything started working again. I tried 2 sets of 4 freshly charged NiMH's same issue. Anyone have background knowledge or experience with this sort of issue in this radio?

air-scan

Eton gave me a RMA number. It's going to go back. Was hoping for some kind of workaround or simple menu fix but returning it for warranty repair or replacement is my only option.

air-scan

Update on this. this is weird. I let the radio sit without batteries nor the ac adaptor plugged in for a few days. Then when I went to plug it in then all the keys on the keypad responded on ac adaptor. Unplugged it switched to batteries. Keypad responded for a little bit then quit responding. Then I let it sit for over a week. Now on batteries the keypad is working. I am so confused. It's working as if though nothing went wrong. I am very puzzled.

Your thoughts @merlin and @majoco ???

air-scan

Conclusive Update: I found the problem. The radio's battery meter isn't registering actual battery level. When I looked at it it said full but none of the keys responded except for the power button. It was still on. i turned it off then I could see a very dim empty battery on the battery indicator. It is something wrong with the battery meter circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.