Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Elizabeth,NJ 4 houses on fire

597 Monroe Ave.
Elizabeth, NJ
Cross street... Fairmont and Julia St.

About 8:32pm, call came in for a report of 2 houses on fire.
Disp told DC that the board (phones) are lighting up like a Christmas tree, multiple calls of 2 houses on fire.

8:35pm DC arrives and reports that 3 houses are involved, (2) 2 1/2 stories and a 3 story.
Calls for a 2nd Alarm.

8:38pm DC calls for a 3rd Alarm.

2nd alarm units heading to cover firehouse on Broad St are, Roselle Park engine, Kenilworth truck, Clark engine.

3rd alarm units heading to fire scene are Union engine and ladder, Linden engine.

8:47pm Roselle Park is diverted from coverup to the fire scene

MAC 2, 4, 5, 7 and 9 so far directing mutual aid at the scene.
MAC 3 covering the mutual aid firehouse cover on Broad St.

9:03pm report of a partial collapse on the "C" side of the main fire building.

9:08pm 4th Alarm transmitted.

9:14pm, now the DC said 4 buildings on fire.

4th alarm units heading to fire scene are Hillside and Cranford engines, and Clark engine moved up to the fire scene from over.

Roselle and Rahway engines responded to Broad St firehouse for cover.

9:44pm, DC reports to transmit to all units at the scene, that there are now "Live" Power lines down
directly in front of the main fire building.

10:00pm "PAR" conducted for all Elizabeth units.
All accounted for except for 1 member of Rescue-1, sent to hospital with injury.

10:13pm "EVACUATION TONES" ordered for main fire building, roof collasping.

10:20pm "PAR" for Mutual Aid companies conducted, all accounted for.

Newark FD also has one or more units at fire scene I must have missed.

Last edited:

DJ88

Fox 5 has their chopper over the scene on the 10 o'clock news. Apartment building now on fire (top floor and burning downward). Fire blowing through the roof. Two tower ladders working it. Major water problems. Water being fed via hoses stretched in from 7 blocks away.

Last edited:

Litleabey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SCH-I510 4G Build/FP1) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Didnt know there was a fire until I checked the forum

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Thanks DJ88, I forgot to watch it. So I caught it on NBC at 11pm. So much fire you just saw flames, not the house. That apartment house you saw looks like a newly remodeled 3 story house. Most likely for that area it was turned into a 6 or more family house or rooming house. They reported that 2 civilans were taken to hospital for smoke and the Firefighter was taken for a shoulder injury.

DJ88

Thanks DJ88, I forgot to watch it. So I caught it on NBC at 11pm. So much fire you just saw flames, not the house. That apartment house you saw looks like a newly remodeled 3 story house. Most likely for that area it was turned into a 6 or more family house or rooming house. They reported that 2 civilans were taken to hospital for smoke and the Firefighter was taken for a shoulder injury.

The smoke was so thick at ground level that the firemen were using flashlights to help them see where they were going.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Newark FD also has one or more units at fire scene I must have missed.

Didn't catch which apparatus, but it was two engines and one ladder. Jersey City was also requested, but I don't think they ever responded. Both Garwood E3 and E5 were unavailable due to a live burn drill at the UCFA in Linden, and Mountainside wasn't either due to covering for Garwood.

Also they had MAJOR water supply issues due to the number of feeders they had going. They called the water company, but were told that EFD was pulling so much through the mains there was nothing they could do to boost pressue. For a good 40mins they were doing exterior attack off engine tank water. PSE&G also certainly took their sweet time getting there... ::rolls eyes::

Status
Not open for further replies.