Elizabeth NJ FD / PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Two quick questions with not so quick answers...

1. Can someone explain EPD Unit Numbers? (i.e. - Safenet, Baker, Power, Alpha, etc.)

2. Can someone repost the EFD Signal Codes, fire and medical?

Thanks gents...

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
1. Can someone explain EPD Unit Numbers? (i.e. - Safenet, Baker, Power, Alpha, etc.)
2. Can someone repost the EFD Signal Codes, fire and medical?

You just asked a question I started working on about 2 days ago.
Baker if I remember right is Traffic Div and Safenet is like the officers assigned to neighborhood watch, beat walks, quality of life programs.
I forget Alpha, (I'm thinking Sgt, Lt, Capt) and never heard what Power is. Detectives were Delta.

As for the FD codes, I searched RR and just came up with the same ones I figured out by listening except for 400 & 402 I found them in another post. None of the post had any of the new 800 (EMS) codes as the FD just took it over the beginning of 2011. I was gonna listen for another week and then post them here, but since you brought it up first, I'll post what I have so far. Also there is a code 500 or 600 or something like that which is a call like a car into a building or a collapse, and the other is like a suspicious package or bomb call. I'm also working on updating the Newark FD codes and will post them in a new thread.
If anyone can correct me or add to the codes please do so.
Thanks.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Elizabeth Fire Signals

400 Fire Signals: (501.21250)

Signal 400 = Send Help
Signal 402 = DOA
Signal 403 = False Alarm
Signal 406 = 1-Engine & Rescue
Signal 407 = 1-Engine or 1-Truck
Signal 408 = 1-Engine & 1-Truck
Signal 409 = 1-Engine, 1-Truck, Rescue
Signal 410 = 2-Engine, 1-Truck, Rescue
Signal 411 = 3-Engine, 2-Truck, Rescue

800 EMS Signals (501.36250)

Signal 806 =
Signal 807 =
Signal 808 =
Signal 809 =

Code 1 = Fast (lights & siren)
Code 2 = Quickly (lights, caution)
Code 3 = Slow Ride

As for EMS Signals I don't think it's what units are dispatched but maybe the severity of the call. Like sometimes 806 is ambulance only, then a Engine if ambulance is not avail yet. And maybe 807 is maybe always dispatched as a ambulance and an engine because its more sever. I'm still listening and trying to figure it out. As for the ambulance calling in codes, it seems they use the reverse of most PD's. Because I'll hear them go to University hospital Code-1 with a shooting victim and Code-3 to Trinitas (Newpoint Rd campus) with a drunk.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Last time I asked one of my contacts about the different unit identifiers, I thought he said Alpha/Bravo are day/night shift, Sierra and single units assigned to Safenet, Power was 2000-0400 range, etc...I'll get them all straight from he horses mouth and post it up.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Kool because all the alpha, baker, brovo are testing my memory from back before I retired years ago:D:D

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Last time I asked one of my contacts about the different unit identifiers, I thought he said Alpha/Bravo are day/night shift, Sierra and single units assigned to Safenet, Power was 2000-0400 range, etc...I'll get them all straight from he horses mouth and post it up.

Cool, thanks. Look forward to it. I know they each have separate functions. It'd be great to (finally) know what.

Signal 806 =
Signal 807 =
Signal 808 =
Signal 809 =

They are related to both responding units, and severity of the patient. I HAD a list for these. Just can't find it. e911god...any help with these?

Last edited:

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Elizabeth Fire & EMS Signals

Elizabeth Fire Signals

400 Fire Signals: (501.21250)

Signal 400 = Send Help
Signal 402 = DOA
Signal 403 = False Alarm
Signal 406 = 1-Engine & Rescue
Signal 407 = 1-Engine or 1-Truck
Signal 408 = 1-Engine & 1-Truck
Signal 409 = 1-Engine, 1-Truck, Rescue
Signal 410 = 2-Engine, 1-Truck, Rescue
Signal 411 = 3-Engine, 2-Truck, Rescue

Signal 806 = Urgent (shooting, stabbing, ect) Ambulance & Engine
Signal 807 = Non Urgent (drunk, headach, ect) Ambulance or Engine if none avail
Signal 808 =
Signal 809 =

Code 1 = Fast (lights & siren)
Code 2 = Quickly (lights, caution)
Code 3 = Slow Ride

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
For some reason I couldn't edit my orginal list so I just reposted it here with the addition of 806 I heard for shooting and such so this must be urgent and 807 for drunks and people hith headachs. Now as for 808, it must exist because one night I forgot to turn the scanner off and when I woke up I saw a note next to scanner that said 808= ambulance, engine, ladder, rescue. But nothing else and I don't remember anything. I'm gonna listen for it again before I list it, but it might be for like an accident on the Turnpike in which they usually send all them units. Oh and the code-1 ect are correct as I hear them go Code-1 to Univeristy Hospital with a stabbing or shooting and code 3 with a drunk or a person with a headach.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Oh and the code-1 ect are correct as I hear them go Code-1 to Univeristy Hospital with a stabbing or shooting and code 3 with a drunk or a person with a headach.

Yeah, it's weird how they do it backwards. In general, the norm in NJ in laymans terms are...

Code 1 - "Slow Ride" ... No Lights, No Siren
Code 2 - "Speed It Up" ... Lights, Siren As Needed
Code 3 - "Move Yo A$@" ... Lights, Siren, Lead Foot (Safely As Possible OF COURSE!)

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Sorry I took so long with this one, but my contact was on vacation. This is how it was explained to me...it's not exact but some listening should clarify things...

There are four shifts and most are 11 hours long...Alpha (days), Brunch, Power and Baker (nights).

Day shift is 6:45am to 5:45pm...."Alpha" units.
Brunch shift is mostly "Net" units (Safetynet on vehicle/community policing). I don't remember the exact time he said they started, but I'm assuming around 10 or 11am based upon the name.
"Power" units are 5:00pm to 4:00am...busy, busy...
Night shift is "Baker" ...those are your midnight cars.

"Sierra" units just signify a single man car. So, "7 Sierra" would be single man unit in Sector 7. Midnight cars in that zone would be "7 Baker" (After a certain time all units are 2 man units by contract similar to NJSP, so the Sierra would be dropped).

Sergeants 25 through 31
Lieutenants end in 4....so "24" or "34" on the radio.
Captains are single digits like Capt 9 or they can just use their portable radio number.

They still used ten codes for some calls...10-50 is an accident for example. But, they are moving more and more towards plain English.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Heard two EFD codes for the first time tonight:

609 - Transmitted for a water pipe burst w/ ceiling collapse. 600 normally is the tech rescue/collapse.
810 - Transmitted for a male unresponsive on a bus on the NJTP. Non-trauma or MVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.