Elk Grove Fire & Galt FPD Merger Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMSJUNKY

who didnt see what merger coming? I am betting we will be seeing more small fire district mergers out in the valley as more and more people come and live out there.

EMSJUNKY

Who didnt see what merger coming? I am betting we will be seeing more small fire district mergers out in the valley as more and more people come and live out there.

RolnCode3

EG CSD fire was not necessarily a "small" department. I'm sort of surprised by the merger, although I don't live in EG (and thus don't pay too much attention). I'm surprised there isn't a serious push to disband the CSD and have Elk Grove provide its own Fire, Parks, etc...

Maybe this is in expectation of housing going in between Galt and EG over the coming years (although there is a lot of open land in the Consumnes River Preserve).

servo_fan

califzeph said:
Do you think they will have their own talk groups on the county system, or use Metro dispatch?
Metro Fire was handling dispatching duties for both agencies before they merged, so I would assume that they will continue to do so. They would certainly be odd-man out if they did their own dispatching.
RolnCode3 said:
I'm surprised there isn't a serious push to disband the CSD and have Elk Grove provide its own Fire, Parks, etc...
Maybe the CSD thing is just a leftover from before EG was a city? As the city continues to mature perhaps they will start to form their own city fire, parks, etc.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.