Elk Grove PD frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfcps

Hello: Don't know if this is proper area to ask...but does anyone know how I can find the scanner frequency for the Elk Grove PD? Am new to this and bought a used scanner PRO 38 Realistic.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference.com !!!!

Hello: Don't know if this is proper area to ask...but does anyone know how I can find the scanner frequency for the Elk Grove PD? Am new to this and bought a used scanner PRO 38 Realistic.
From the PRO-38 manual I have, I found the following:
The PRO-38 covers all these bands:
29 - 50 MHz (VHF Lo)
50 - 54 MHz (ham radio 6m)
136 - 144 MHz (government)
144 - 148 MHz (ham radio 2m)
148 - 174 MHz (VHF Hi)
406 - 450 MHz (ham radio and government)
450 - 470 MHz (UHF Lo)
470 - 512 MHz (UHF Hi)

The Sacramento Regional Radio Communication System is broadcast on the 800 MHz band. The PRO-38 is not able to receive those frequencies. Additionally, the SRRCS is a Trunked Radio System (TRS), so you'll want to get a trunk tracking scanner for best monitoring.

Personally, I would not buy an older scanner if this is what you want to monitor. A change is planned to the system in about 2 years that many older scanners will not be able to handle. I'd suggest getting this scanner. GOOD LUCK!!!

mfcps

Elk Grove

Thanks for good info. Will look for new scanner hopefully one that is idiot proof. Always thought this was a 'guy' thing, but have enjoyed listening to calls on TV so thought I'd try it. Thanks again.
cps

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
i recommend a uniden 246 or uniden 330 if you wanna go cheaper than most - as far as handhelds

for mobiles a uniden bct15x

basic analog trunk tracking scanners you should be able to get all of those for well under 300

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
i recommend a uniden 246 or uniden 330 if you wanna go cheaper than most - as far as handhelds

for mobiles a uniden bct15x
Well I'd recommend the GRE PSR-300 for an analog hand-held and the GRE PSR-400 for an analog base. Get them from ScannerMaster and you get the power adapter as well.

I note that Radio Shack sells the same radios - PRO-164 or PRO-163, but you don't get the power adapters and the price is usually not as low.

mfcps

mfcps

Thanks for info. I appreciate it. Will look into best and least expensive that is idiot proof (LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.