Elk Grove PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

niranfleury

Hello Everyone,

I have been listening and have owned a few different scanners for about 14 years here locally in Sacramento.

I have noticed that Elk Grove PD ceases broadcast when a big incident occurs on one of their channels. About 2 days ago I heard a officer involved shots fired call on Elk Grove PD CH.2 and moments later I heard nothing more about it. I scanned all of Elk Grove PD's Tac. channels and of course CH.1 EGPD. But I heard nothing.

Tonight and heard another incident and they were very hesitant to give out the actually location and sent updates through messaging. This is fine but the once again the channel went quite and I never heard anything again. After it went silent (this was on EG PD Tac. 1) I went to scan all of the EG PD's and I heard FD come up on EG PD CH1 and asked if there was a channel that he could monitor the incident on. The dispatcher said no call in to dispatch. I was not sure if they did not want to give out that info in EG PD CH1 or if it was true that there was no channel to monitor. I believe FD was asking because they were on standby for this incident.

So my question is there another channel they move to when a major incident happens? Has anyone noticed this? How are they communicating or giving updates when this happens? It cannot be only though messaging because some of the officers were on foot and some snipers were placed around the house.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like for serious or confidential type incidents they go radio quiet and rely either on direct cell phone contact or computer to computer messaging.

niranfleury

It would be nice if they didn't do that but it is understandable. I just don't get why they do it for a officer involved shooting seems as if they are trying to hide it from media. I know if it happened with SPD or SSD it would not have gone radio silence.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
It COULD be worse I suppose. They could choose full encryption for all their channels. I understand perfectly as a scanner enthusiast that the more radio heavy an agency is the better. I.e SJSO keeps things pretty busy when Stockton PD dies down. Seems for Stockton that some of the shifts are more radio inclined than others and that also ultimately boils down to officer preference and or angecy protocol.

Just my thoughts.

niranfleury

Yes, I know they could go full encryption like Manteca PD. I just hope when SRRCS goes Digital it does not go encryption.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I know they could go full encryption like Manteca PD. I just hope when SRRCS goes Digital it does not go encryption.

Since when has Manteca PD gone full encryption? I'm still able to hear them on their frequency of 453.200 with a 731 NAC "Tone".

Regards,

-Frank C.

RolnCode3

Have you considered that they might have just been testing or training? I don't see any recent officer involved shootings by EGPD. Maybe a new dispatcher or officer was being tested?

niranfleury

Have you considered that they might have just been testing or training? I don't see any recent officer involved shootings by EGPD. Maybe a new dispatcher or officer was being tested?

This could have been the case, although this was on there Ch. 2.

RolnCode3

This could have been the case, although this was on there Ch. 2.

I almost never listen to them. What does being on Ch2 mean? In the past, I think they used a single channel, then opened the 2nd for records at a certain time of day (I imagine when an extra dispatcher or 2 came in). Don't know if that is still the case.

niranfleury

I almost never listen to them. What does being on Ch2 mean? In the past, I think they used a single channel, then opened the 2nd for records at a certain time of day (I imagine when an extra dispatcher or 2 came in). Don't know if that is still the case.

Yes, you said it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.