Elkhart County SAFE-T Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayFD61

I know that Elkhart County Fire isn't yet on the new radio system yet but I am still programming my scanner for when they are. I don't see a dispatch channel on the database only 4 tac channels can someone help me out so I can add the dispatch channel too? Thanx

fire4456

Gary as long as I can remember when living up there and working for Elkhart City fire they are the only agency that has switched as well as the pd. There actually are just the tac channels and sort listed for the county and last time I can remember nothing has changed in the radio template for them. The best person to confirm this is Dswarnke he works for the city.

To my knowledge 153.770 is still the receive frequency for all county units and 154.325 is the tx of the dispatch repeater and a pl of 114.8 if I remember right.

Also Bristol, Middlebury, Nappanee, Osolo fire, and Goshen city still have their own channels. Elkhart county dispatches for all but Nappanee. Hope this helps some Clayfd61... Also remember the good ol call sign of kbr227 and ringing 3131 for station 1 to tell them station 2 was going on calls. I do miss those times.

SCPD

QRT
So far, there are only OPS talkgroups issued to the county. There are no intentions for the county to migrate to 800. Todd is correct, Elkhart City public safety are the only agencies in Elkhart County using SAFE-T.

Status
Not open for further replies.