Ellis County 1A7 (TxWARN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
This may be more of a database question, but does anyone know why 1A7 is still listed for Ellis County? 1A7 has no site there.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This may be more of a database question, but does anyone know why 1A7 is still listed for Ellis County? 1A7 has no site there.
Probably because that was one of the old East Texas Medical Center system sites. ETMC, up to maybe a year or so ago, also had an EMS contract for parts of Ellis County. However, they dropped EMS services in Ellis, and other counties, due to low reimbursements from Medicare.

The ETMC analog site is still listed in the database, but was never converted to a P25 site. 1A7 still lists Waxahachie as having talkgroups on TxWARN P25, but they dropped off the system a few years back, going to their own 800MHz/conventional channels. Just about all the other ETMC analog sites were converted to P25 when rebanding occured and the ETMC P25 sites were integrated into 1A7.

I'm no longer hearing the control channel on the ETMC/Ellis County site, but have not been in the county to verify closer than from my residence in Dallas.

KevinC

Super Moderator
I'm pretty sure 1A7 never had a site on-air in Ellis County.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure 1A7 never had a site on-air in Ellis County.
You are correct in that.

But as I noted, Waxahachie is still listed with talkgroups on 1A7, but never used them. The Kaufman site covers Ellis very well, and I get a good signal here in Dallas as well. As previously noted, for a while, after the ETMC system converted over to 1A7, ETMC still ran EMS units in Ellis, but that is no longer the case.

KevinC

Super Moderator
You are correct in that.

But as I noted, Waxahachie is still listed with talkgroups on 1A7, but never used them. The Kaufman site covers Ellis very well, and I get a good signal here in Dallas as well. As previously noted, for a while, after the ETMC system converted over to 1A7, ETMC still ran EMS units in Ellis, but that is no longer the case.

Understood.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I *think* ETMC units that venture into Ellis County are covered by the Kaufman or Henderson County sites. I haven't been down that way in some time. I've heard no control channel down there in a long time coupled with Steve's report of no control channel on the old analog site effectively puts the nail in the coffin of the old analog system (finally).

Russell

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
FWIW - I know the focus is on TXWARN in this post, but for EMS/Public Safety related, I remember (2005-06ish) I used to hear 462.175 Careflite ground units down that way (can't remember the PL as I no longer monitor this freq). I remember I could copy it very well though when I lived in Flower Mound with an outside antenna on the chimney, so the repeater had very good coverage at the time. However, I don't know what areas Careflite covers there, or there contracts for ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.