Ellis County/FWRRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to see some new TGIDs pop up on the Ellis County layer. Some sound like radio testing, but there are a couple in active use that are not currently in the database.

TGID 7383 Fire Tac 4 (submitted to the database)

TGID 7375
A large number of transmissions on this talkgroup, especially last night. Conversations indicate that it is used for a school district, likely Midlothian, as the conversations were about access to an athletic field, and activity during a game. H/S mentioned was 'Heritage'. Midlothian Heritage High School played a Wichita Falls school last night at Midlothian's stadium. References were made to other talkgroups such as an incident command TGID, but I did not log anything that fit that sort of identification.

TGID 7571
Radio testing, brief conversation indicated this may be used by Ellis County S.O.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Hi Steve,

I believe those are all existing talk groups.

I have 7383 as "Northern Ellis Emergency Dispatch- Fire 4", 7382 as "NEED Fire 3".

"NEED" - Communications | Midlothian, TX - Official Website

7375 is "Midlothian Event"

7571 is one of the expansion IO channels.

LAW IO 117569
FIRE IO 117570
LAW IO 127571
FIRE IO 127572
LAW IO 137573
FIRE IO 137574
EMS IO 117575
PW IO 097576
EMS IO 127577
PW IO 107578
EMS IO 137579
PW IO 117580
PW IO 127581
PW IO 137582

I'm on the fringe of being able to monitor Ellis, so I don't get to listen to them too much. Keep the reports coming!
Happy Scanning,
Ben

I'm starting to see some new TGIDs pop up on the Ellis County layer. Some sound like radio testing, but there are a couple in active use that are not currently in the database.

TGID 7383 Fire Tac 4 (submitted to the database)

TGID 7375
A large number of transmissions on this talkgroup, especially last night. Conversations indicate that it is used for a school district, likely Midlothian, as the conversations were about access to an athletic field, and activity during a game. H/S mentioned was 'Heritage'. Midlothian Heritage High School played a Wichita Falls school last night at Midlothian's stadium. References were made to other talkgroups such as an incident command TGID, but I did not log anything that fit that sort of identification.

TGID 7571
Radio testing, brief conversation indicated this may be used by Ellis County S.O.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi Steve,

I believe those are all existing talk groups.

I have 7383 as "Northern Ellis Emergency Dispatch- Fire 4", 7382 as "NEED Fire 3".

"NEED" - Communications | Midlothian, TX - Official Website

7375 is "Midlothian Event"

7571 is one of the expansion IO channels.

LAW IO 117569
FIRE IO 117570
LAW IO 127571
FIRE IO 127572
LAW IO 137573
FIRE IO 137574
EMS IO 117575
PW IO 097576
EMS IO 127577
PW IO 107578
EMS IO 137579
PW IO 117580
PW IO 127581
PW IO 137582

I'm on the fringe of being able to monitor Ellis, so I don't get to listen to them too much. Keep the reports coming!
Happy Scanning,
Ben
Thanks Ben
They did refer to TGID 7383 specifically as "Fireground 4", but your description of a 'Northern Ellis County' dispatch is likely accurate, as there were several repeats of dispatches on that talkgroup.

"Midlothian Event" for TGID 7375 also fits. I heard quite a lot of activity last fall, also at the Midlothian stadium, when there was a playoff game held there.

I'll add the others you have above into my SDS100, which hears the Ellis County layer better than any of the other scanners (except when I'm out & about in southern Dallas/northern Ellis County with one of my handhelds.) I'll run another Discovery session next week to see what else comes up.

n5dki

TG 7383 has been added to the listing recently as Fire Tac 4. I have been hearing automated dispatch on this TG.
it appears these are "testing" dispatches for events not really happening. i hear dispatches for mansfield, wxahachie, and others for mutual aid but there is no fire at the same address they repeatedly dispatch to.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
TG 7383 has been added to the listing recently as Fire Tac 4. I have been hearing automated dispatch on this TG.
it appears these are "testing" dispatches for events not really happening. i hear dispatches for mansfield, wxahachie, and others for mutual aid but there is no fire at the same address they repeatedly dispatch to.
I know that you'll hear dispatches on this talkgroup.

However, when reviewing recordings from a Discovery session targeted at the Ellis County layer, they were referring to the talkgroup specifically as "Fireground 4". There already is a common Fire/EMS talkgroup (7379), but apparently this talkgroup is also being used to carry some dispatch communications. After Waxahachie & Ellis County join the system, I suspect that in addition to new TGIDs for those agencies, perhaps some of the other talkgroups will be repurposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.