Elmira ny police frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

my88r

Cant get 155.4900 to come in on my pro-652 scanner. Using a 800mhz antenna. Wonder if anyone else having the same problem. The live feed there picking it up.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I'm not from the area, and don't monitor them, so I don't know anything about them, but looking at the DB, it shows them as P25, do you have to set your scanner to decode the P25? the DB also doesn't have the NAC, so if you find that, I'm sure it would be beneficial for everyone else as well.

Just an idea

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
My listening logs show a NAC code of N120 for 155.490

The 800 MHz antenna may be part of your problem. That's for the "800" band. You should be using a VHF antenna, since 155.490 is "VHF."

my88r

Did some reading that the 800 MHz antenna came in better. All the new fire frequencies are now 460.3250. Can pick up sheriff very well. 154.8750

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
And how is it working for you? What works in one application, doesn't make it work in all applications.

When someone said the 800 MHz antenna worked better, perhaps they were strictly monitoring 800 MHz only, and maybe they were comparing it to the standard antenna that came with the scanner. In that case, if they wanted strictly 800 MHz, then yes, upgrading to a 800 MHz antenna would be good.

But you are using it to monitor VHF & UHF.

Good luck.

my88r

I know the antenna that came with it(pro-652). Didn't pick up anything very well. Got that antenna alot clearer for all channels. I know the guy on the live feed. His elmira comes in great.

KNY2ADQ

I see you're in Horseheads and the distance might be a little too far. I suggest trying a telescopic antenna or one cut specifically for the VHF band. I assure you the dispatch is still using 155.490, I pick it up in the downtown area of elmira without an antenna on my scanner.

my88r

Ya, the distance is what i was thinking. The guy with the live feed. Says he is from Horseheads. His comes in great. Just seeing if i was doing something wrong. I see he has a outdoor antenna. Not something i really want to do just yet.

Also see there seems to be different issues withe the pro-652. Maybe should of done more looking. As to what scanner. Guys in my area are using.

Spec

The 652 comes with a telescopic ant. If you expand it to it's full length it's at VHF-Hi (150mHz) . WHERE you have the radio may be the issue. Is it near or behind aluminum siding, internal ac wiring in the walls etc ? Try moving the radio. So many variables here so take some time and see if thats the problem first. An outside ant. is usually the best option.

my88r

From what i'm seeing there is simulcasting. There just updating there radios from low to high band. At my dads station they just got done updating there radios. He got a new one from being a fire chief. There still using low and high band radios. Over a few different frequencies. I see some guys say the 652 doesn't do well with simulcasting..

my88r

UPDATE. I put the antenna that came with the pro-652 collapsed all the way down and kept pointing it different directions.Till got best reception. Was able to pick up everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.