Elmore County switching to FirstNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
Heard through the grapevine Elmore County is switching to AT&T FirstNet for all comms. Id be curious to know if that means the days of monitoring them are numbered.

Im confused why they would go that way when theres already an ICAWIN tower in Elmore plus all the other agencies are on it, which would provide better interoperability with neighboring counties

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
LOL Just a small county uninformed sheriff getting sold an expensive radio system they don’t need.

No more LE comms from Elmore county once it’s up and running I suspect, a few SW counties have gone P25 encrypted on their tac channels. Ada, Canyon, Boise City. Really has not made too much a monitoring difference, remember Canyon went encrypted years ago due to gang activity.

Last edited:

sc2142

Feed Provider
Heard through the grapevine Elmore County is switching to AT&T FirstNet for all comms. Id be curious to know if that means the days of monitoring them are numbered.

Im confused why they would go that way when theres already an ICAWIN tower in Elmore plus all the other agencies are on it, which would provide better interoperability with neighboring counties
Yeah, I heard the sheriff was trying to get new Freq's. But that does seem kind of redundant to use AT&T FirstNet , When everyone else uses ICAWIN. I read somewhere that they were going to Multicast, But we will see if that is true or not, I really hope that they do not go encrypted.

bchappuie

First Net is not a replacement for communications. It's only a data network. They offer a push to talk service, however it is not as reliable and does not perform as well at current direct two-way radio. No agency should look to First Net to replace their radio system.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Believe it when it happens. It may not be LE and Fire, but may be other county activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.