Eloy, Florence Coolidge PD's

vmvmvm

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I spend some time in Casa Grande, and while I see from the database Casa Grande PD is on the Pinal County P25 system and encrypted, I see other PD's in the county such as Eloy, Coolidge, and Florence, to name a few, are not listed on the P25 system.

I just want to confirm whether these other cites are still conventional. It looks that way from the database, but I haven't heard anything listening for several hours to Eloy and Coolidge. I don't expect huge amounts of radio traffic in these small towns, but would expect a unit status check or some kind of traffic.

I'm in the north end of Casa Grande by the airport, so I'll continue to monitor while I'm down there and see how well the reception is for the small towns east of Casa Grande.

Thanks in advance, Paul.

brcoz

Premium Subscriber
I listen to Eloy, Coolidge and Florence. I'll have to look when a hit for them to verify more if PD or FD.
For Florence all of the hits are Flor FD 1 NAC 523. I have heard traffic that sounds like PD with a car make, model and license plate. Also reports of a fire. I have not noticed the other channels for Florence in the RR list.
I am near San Tan Valley/Florence.

KB7MIB

Florence FD is supposedly dispatched by Mesa FD RDC now.

Florence PD was P25 conventional in the clear when I was last out that way several years ago. I think Coolidge was still analog conventional. I don't know about Eloy.

John
Peoria

vmvmvm

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I'll get out that way this weekend and scan the P25 system as well as the conventional channels and see if I can hear anything definitive.