Eloy Patrol Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

I was recently at MCSO Training Center for an interview and while waiting i noticed a car from eloy with 2 ant's on the trunk lid . 1 was a vhf 1/4 wave and the other was the trunked style that mcso uses . So i did a search on RR database and eloy is still using there VHF system . So my ? is are they connected with a trunked system down south .

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Like an 800MHz cellular phone antenna? Do they have an MDC that operates on cellular or SMR 800MHz frequencies?

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I would go with a MDT on 800Mz. All the VT Police agencies were on UHF but had the same set up for their MDTs.

KOK5CY

The ant that i seen looked just like MCSO's trunked set up but all black ....I didn't see anything else besides that and the vhf 1/4 wave 18" . Both were nmo mounted and were about 4ft apart on the trunk lid .

Then last night going out to visit a friend in florence i noticed PCSO car with a VHF 1/4 wave and 3 trunked ant's on the roof . Have they started using MCSO"s towers down south or are they sharing with BP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.